Autumn Breeze Senior Living - Gainesville, GA

So glad we made the move!

Autumn Breeze has been a blessing for our family. My Mom was at another local facility for 5 years and they had raised her room rate by at least 5% every year.The last year was even more and as she had run out of money we needed to move her to a less expensive facility. Her room here is larger, cleaner, and I can not say enough good things about the care givers. They all really care about the people who live here. At the last place, they watched tv and played on their phones more than giving care. The director here, Mary Etta, is very knowledgeable and always available. She even has a nurse/practitioner who visits the residents so they don't always have to go out to see a doctor. My Mom is in a wheelchair and doesn't like to travel by car so this is a big plus for us. The activity director, Lindsey, keeps the residents busy with all kinds of activities and outings. THey even go fishing! My Mom loves it here. My only regret is that we didn't make the move sooner.

Avoid at all costs

We just moved my mother-in-law from Autumn Breeze after being a resident there for several years. The current director/nurse is a nightmare. She is confrontational, rude, dishonest and extremely difficult to get along with. She lied to me and my family on numerous occasions, and every medical care provider that ever had any reason to visit my mother-in-law or father-in-law (now deceased) reported that they were treated with hostility and suspicion by the director. I would not recommend Autumn Breeze to my worst enemy as long as the current director/nurse is in charge.

My Mom has been here for 6 months. I really like this place because of the people my Mom interacts with every day. She and I love Monica in activities. She always knows just what Mom needs. Mom has had some anxiety needs and Monica really goes the extra mile to ck on Mom and see that she gets her busy with something, so Mom feels less anxiety. She has been a life-saver for me!!!!!!

DEFINITELY WORTH LOOKING INTO!

While my mother-in-law was at Autumn Breeze for a short period of time, we found Mary Etta, Executive Director, to be very accommodating as well as attentive to our questions and concerns. She spent a great deal of time with us in person and on the phone sorting out the details of how to properly care for our loved one. Mary Etta has years of nursing experience and is highly knowledgeable in caring for seniors both physically and psychologically. We found her to be a blessing during a most difficult time in our lives as my mother-in-law was bed-ridden and required extensive physical and psychological care. Also, Autumn Breeze provided new, fresh carpeting and a fully furnished room for one month during the transition. The facility was clean and much like home with a beautiful courtyard and garden. Autumn Breeze is definitely worth looking into!

Autumn Breeze Assisted Living is a blessing for my family.

My 87 year old mother is living here. Her room was updated before she moved in with new carpet, bathroom flooring, fixtures, and paint. The food is delicious. The staff is friendly and respectful. It was difficult to accept the fact that I could no longer care for my mother and after visiting Autumn Breeze, I found that this was the right choice for both Mom and me. I know that she is in a safe environment. Thank you, Mary Etta and Staff.

Family Atmosphere

My Mother recently passed away at age 97 1/2. She spent the last 6 years of her life as a resident of Autumn Breeze. She was visually impaired and as the years passed, became hearing impaired as well. Her cognition remained fairly constant, however. Autumn Breeze is a fairly small facility which enabled the staff to meet her needs as they changed. The staff members are caring, attentive and family oriented. I highly recommend this facility as one in which the clients receive personalized attention. My Mother's last years were filled with love and kindness while she was a resident at Autumn Breeze.

My family went there to stay a couple...

My family went there to stay a couple weeks, very great staff and he loved actives they had there. and the outside patio is a great for them to sit and enjoy sunshine and cool autumn breeze, I would recommend Autumn breeze for your parents and Grandparents to stay..

Big Disappointment

Although my mother was content with this facility at first, we quickly learned that protocol is not followed in many cases. I visited often and noticed there was not much interaction between staff and patients. Actually, I often observed the staff standing around talking with each other. My mother became seriously ill, but I was not called. Upon my arrival for a planned visit, no one provided information as to the nature of her illness, nor had a doctor been called. Upon taking my mother to the emergency room, we learned she has sepsis stemming from e coli. She was in great health at the time she entered Autumn Breeze only 6 weeks earlier. For the first four days she was in the hospital, only one CNA called to check on my mother. No one called on behalf of the facility. Not much compassion there. Seems like $ is their biggest interest.

Reliable care, but some issues with their memory care staff

We've had a mixed experience with this community. In terms of the care and services they provide we've been very pleased. They've very reliable when it comes to the schedule we set up for them checking in on him, and they respond well to emergency care situations. However, one of the biggest problems we've had is that some of the workers lack a certain degree of professionalism when interacting with him. He is a dementia patient, and can be verbally aggresive and difficult to work with, but the caregivers should know how to handle situations like that. We've had issues with caregivers taking things he says personally and snapping back at him, which makes the situation worse.

I would not recommend Autumn Breeze to anyone.

My loved one wasn't clean and she hadn't been taken care of. The new director has the compassion of a rock. I have heard her yell and be rude to the people that work there, live there, and the families. When she took over a lot of the staff left, and the care declined. They were not bathing her, changing her clothes, or even just taking care of her. They filed for bankruptcy and didn't let anyone know. They just wanted to tranquilize my loved one. The new staff just didn't seem to care. Their idea of an activity was putting in a DVD, the hair stylist wasn't getting paid. I didn't feel she was safe anymore. I would not recommend Autumn Breeze to anyone. A lot of people are leaving.

Good place to be

Our father has resided at Autumn Breeze for several years and really loves it there. The staff cares for all his needs. They have been very good to him. He enjoys spending time with the other residents, going on the outings and the activities.
We are so fortunate to have found this community.

Some concerns

I received a call from the Georgia Department of Health letting me know that Autumn Breeze is filing for a chapter 11 bankruptcy. This makes me vaguely concerned about if the prices and care will remain the same after they undergo a reorganization.
I also have a few concerns with the care as it is now. They often feel shorthanded, I have had trouble locating a staff member when I have come to pick my Mom up more than once.

Really liked the RN Directo...

Really liked the RN Director--Mary Etta. The place needs some sprucing up, which she herself pointed out & plans to do. I think my Dad would do better in a smaller place though.

Autumn Breeze

My dad has only been there for a week. However so far he has enjoyed it. There are around 55 residents, so there are more residents and staff for my dad to interact with. This is better for my dad than the smaller personal care homes. I visited this place a while ago, and it seems to be run better now than it was then. I also like the fact that most of the staff that I have met so far have been there since it opened around 14 years ago. The rooms are large. However, they are also starting to show their age. My dad's room has had tile put down in the bathroom, but the carpet is still original to the building.

Was a wonderful facility. S...

Was a wonderful facility. Staff was very attentive and professional. Very clean and beautiful. Everything we could hope for in a place for Daddy.

Autumn Breeze

What a warm and wonderful place. I was looking for a place to provide respite care for my Dad to give my Mother a break from the stress of being the primary caregiver. The staff was friendly, professional and gave us all the information to make a decision on the direction to take with his care. I highly recommend Autumn Breeze.

The care has been horrible

They have a new director that may be able to sort things out? I don't know how to rate Autumn Breeze going forward. We liked it when we toured it, but I wouldn't use them again after our experience there. The changing of the guard may help it a lot. We are going to hire care givers rather than use a care facility. Affordable senior care is a serious problem in the US, there are no price restraints. This is an assisted living facility and the state will not allow bed ridden patients to remain here, they need a place where they can receive proper care.

will consider dog if mom can care for...

will consider dog if mom can care for her. Has a beautician and medication management is included in base fee

#1 choice at this time. Seems to best...

#1 choice at this time. Seems to best meet needs. However, no mention if they accept pets. Need more info.

Autumn Breeze offers our residents a beautiful residential environment where choice, individuality and independence are encouraged daily. We offer the “safety net” of twenty four staffing, excellent restaurant style meals, housekeeping service, laundry and linen service, beauty shop services, transportation to medical appointments as well as outings to a variety of destinations, and assistance with all ADLs, including bathing, dressing, grooming, medication supervision, special dietary needs, and continence management. Our Alzheimer’s community is designed to provide the same residential feel for residents requiring a higher degree of supervision and security.

At Autumn Breeze we set ourselves apart from other assisted living communities in several distinct ways:

- We personalize a very specific care plan to meet our resident’s wants, needs and expectations.
- We continually foster partnerships with residents, families, the medical community and outside agencies to ensure a quality care plan is in place for each of our residents.
- We offer a dynamic and diversified activity plan designed with “something for everyone in mind”’
- Our Alzheimer’s/dementia program is designed to provide an enhanced quality of life for all of our residents with dementia, including those with advanced dementia.
- Our medication assistance program in included in our basic residence fees.
- And much, much more….