Brookdale San Jose - San Jose, CA

Atrium San Jose provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

It feels like home here

I’m moving in here soon with my wife. The atmosphere feels like home, the rooms are bigger than another facility she was staying at, and it includes a private bathroom. Right off the living room, there’s a patio that I can go out on that’s fenced in. There’s a courtyard and places you can walk around, almost like a picnic area. You really don’t feel like you’re living in a facility. You get 2 meals a day that are included in the price and if you want a third meal then it’s extra. The room has a kitchenette, though, so we’re able to make our own food if we want to. So far, the staff has been very friendly and I think they’re knowledgeable about the type of care that my wife is going to need. They also have memory care and nursing care available just in case, which I like

Settling in nicely

My dad is settling in quite well at Brookdale San Jose. It is nice and clean and everything seems to be running very smoothly. He is starting to participate in the activities that they offer and is making new friends in the process. I have dined with my dad and the food is very good, they offer a variety of healthy choices. The staff is very friendly and are doing a good job at caring for his needs. Compared to all of the other communities I toured for memory care, I feel I have made a very good choice for my dad.

A good place to check out

This community is very nice and it was our first choice. The staff we met were nice and they do offer some nice activities. We were looking for a two bedroom two bath apartment and this community no longer offers them.

A lovely and professional facility with nice transitions through levels of care as needs progress.

Positive memory care activities!!

This community was initially the first choice that my family and I had for a place for my dad to live at. I was really was impressed with all of the great memory care activities that they had in place for all of the residents. They also had a great selection of staff who where all very friendly and helpful to us during out tour. All they had to offer my dad was a studio apartment and we just decided last minute that he would be more comfortable in a one bedroom apartment where he would have a living room included.

My in-laws favorite. Beautiful large facility with well manicured exterior, nice large apartments. Large senior community 300 residents. My in-laws felt most at ease and liked all the activities and services provided to the residents.

This is an absolutely beautiful community, with spacious apartments and many activities. They did a wonderful job renovating a few years ago and it feels like a luxury community, but with very competitive pricing! The tour director, [Removed], really went out of her way to answer our questions and meet my mother's needs. We have chosen this for her future home!

Too Far For Us

While driving to my tour, it was a little farther away from my mom's neighborhood. I thought that it was not in the best area of town. On the tour, It was cute to see the women who had puppy dogs on their lap and some were taking them out for walk. They were all nice to meet with. The transition and ability to age in place was not there. The woman I toured with was very sweet and showed us a resident's room, it was very nice and I loved their room.

My thoughts on Brookdale

I am very happy at Brookdale. The staff is so courteous and helpful.
My apartment is great and the activities are geared to everyone's interest level.
Food is attractively presented by cheerful servers and the choices fit my likes.
All in all Brookdale is a great place to be at this time in my life.

I liked this community!!

The people I met during the tour were nice. Mom did not like it as she felt it was a little to big for her. This was one of the nicest places we visited. Brookdale was unfortunately out of our price range. The community was clean and the food looked like high quality food.

A perfect place for our mother

We look at a variety of places for my mother but decided on Brookdale no only since they offered the widest choices of food but also because offers a beautiful and friendly place to live. My mother is in the assisted living section which has it's own dining room. She is limited as to what she can eat and they offer several items that works for her. Now that she is moved in, she is quite happy with the place. Everyone is friendly and efficient and she likes the food. The place is clean and very cheerful as are the residents. A couple of the places I looked at were a bit depressing but not Brookdale. The whole family is pleased with the place and feel it will provide her with the best of care possible.

Review of Brookdale San Jose - San Jose, CA

Is a little out of area where my mother would like to be. The apartments are dated and the layout is not good.

Nothing but great things to say

Brookdale is a perfect fit for the care my family member needs. The appearance when you walk in is that ultimate wow factor. Everything is so clean and organized. The staff most of the time will acknowledge you by name.

Very happy with them

Quite honestly, I love having her there. The do a very good job taking care of her. I am very happy with them. I would be happy to recommend them and give them an awesome reference. Thanks to you guys for recommending them to us.

So far it's been pretty good.

So far it's been pretty good. No major complaints. They are pretty responsive if there are any questions that come up. It's clean and the maintenance is good. We liked the location of this facility.

would recommend people check it out for sure

When I first went to Brookdale San Jose for a tour the reception was not great. I was supposed to meet someone to give me a tour and they were not very personal when I walked up to the desk. There was another time when we went for my dad to fill out the papers and I went on another tour with my mom and they had things all mixed up. They didn't know what they were doing. Their organization just seemed lacking in the begging. It is a nice place. Overall I am happy they are there. I would recommend people check it out for sure. My mom is in the memory care and I feel very comfortable with the care she is getting. The memory care director is excellent. My parents have been married forever and in their home for 50 years so I was worried about the adjustment. Overall both of my parents experience has been great here.

great activities

They are in good shape around here and the staff does pretty well. I am a tenant here, it is up to date. Basically I'm independent and they only serve me food. The food is okay . And the maid services, the lady is not up to date with making up the beds. They could cut the price a little.

They Do Real Well

No, no improvements can be made with anything at Brookdale San Jose. I think that all of the staff members over there do real well with everything. I give them a five - star rating overall for the facility.

They are very, very nice and friendly people..

My father has been here for about a month and a half. They are very, very nice and friendly people. The food has been very good. I know my dad will be happy here. The location is excellent. My dad has a little bicycle that he can ride to the grocery store. He can also walk to the movies. There is a movie theater that is walking distance. I would definitely recommend the Brookdale San Jose. It's a really nice place.

small areas for improvement

My father is on the assisted care side of Brookdale San Jose. He has only been there a short time, and some things have been good, but some things can certainly improve. The mailbox is not conveniently located at all and getting to hit just to check the mail can be a hassle for him. That and just a few other little things and some kinks that need to be worked out.

That said, the place is very clean, and the people that work there are extremely helpful. There are plenty of positive things to say about them, but just a few areas for improvement as well.

Beautiful, open, well-lit public areas. Very nice personal rooms with private patios or balconies. Residents were very welcoming and friendly, inviting to new friends.

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Overall I thought this place looked very nice, and it had everything that Dad was looking for. (He particularly likes that there are 11 women to 1 man, haha!)

retirement community

They didn’t have enough care services – so we had to pay to have a home care service come in to provide care for our loved one. This is a lovely community, but it’s really for people who are just looking for a retirement community – not for people with actual medical needs.

Horribly Rude Receptionist

Personally I did not have a great experience. I had a really bad experience with the receptionist. I was shocked by how rude she was. She's possibly comepetent but she belongs in the back room somewhere where no on has to interact with her.

I though it was a little too uppity. They have happy hour everyday and the grounds were large but they could certainly maintain them better. The food looked beautiful and the rooms themselves were quite nice.

They are close by

I chose the Atrium San Jose because of the quality of rooms, the variety of activities they offer, and because of their location.

Large, quite varied, staff intereste...

Large, quite varied, staff interested and friendly, (as were all I met in other places). This rated an A+ from this teacher! Location on Blossom Hill, right beside Oakridge mall promised lots of involvement! My first choice; long may they wave! This would rate 5 stars from me.

OK Apt. size OK I didn't like the lay...

OK Apt. size OK I didn't like the lay out of the facility very much. Outdoor parking. Didn't try the food.

beauty shop storage area

beauty shop storage area

free transp.Ask if very many men(for ...

free transp.Ask if very many men(for dad)But price is higher than Oregons. But best if we what to stay local.

very big. Nice rooms. Reasonable pric...

very big. Nice rooms. Reasonable prices. Onsite care available. Close to other surroundings and mall as well as kaiser. Mass onsite.

Two bedrooms but look really small (5...

Two bedrooms but look really small (550 sq ft). Near oakridge mall. Large community. More activities than most b/c independent community.