Atria Woodbridge Place - Phoenixville, PA

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

We recently toured this community for my mother [Name removed]. My family was very impressed with the staff. Everyone seemed very nice and they all smiled and said hello. Unfortunately my mother passed away before we could have her move into Woodbridge. My mother would have called at home. It has such a warm, comforting feeling to the community and I know my mom would have been well cared for.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

The building is always very clean. A warm family environment. They all make me feel like my extended family.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

My in-laws lived in [date removed]. We have been very happy with Woodbridge. From the beginning we have all been treated very well by all. The care that my in-law receives has been exceptional. Their care needs have increased significantly and the staff continues to rise to help. We are very happy to a found a place so caring to have them live in during their final phase of life – which we are sure is to be longer because of the wonderful care.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

Staff seem to be rather caring of my mother. [Name removed] help me with a issue I had regarding getting my mother to sign papers which was more than appreciated. Couldn't have done it without her.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

A very caring community. I definitely would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to retire to or a place for a loved one.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

Very welcoming community with caring employees. Facility is always clean and seems to have resources for many different medical/personal needs. Perhaps employees could be trained with better knowledge of dementia and the aging process to better accommodate residents in this regard. Nice selection of activities to keep residents engaged. Nursing staff seems to need more help in times of medical emergencies.

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

My grandfather is in this community and we couldn't imagine him anywhere else. The staff truly make everyone feel like family!

Review of Atria Woodbridge Place

I have found this community to give my mom excellent service. Mom was in other communities except this one tops them all.

Woodbridge Place

The facility itself is very nice. They have very little for the seniors there to do . It tends to be a very boring place. Mom ended up getting sepsis and was seriously ill by the time I was notified. Nursing director doesn't return calls. Seems like they are understaffed or possibly just neglectful. The look of the facility is very nice. Food was good. Just nothing to do there that is interesting for residents.

Never send a loved one

This place should be absolutely shut down !!!! Never and I say never should send anybody in their right mind should ever send a loved one to this treacherous place. she was sent there for Alzheimer’s care they completely numbed to her out!! They had her on Xanax I believe more than one time a day obviously to the point where every time we came she was completely asleep and out of it and completely high almost, and obviously Xanax is one of the most often do use drugs for people to abuse , Xanax is an Anti anxiety drug and causes major memory loss and extreme drowsiness. she was abused by other patients one Stabbed her if a fork when she was unprovoked and another man pushed her down for no reason it it broke her hip and she died a few months after. This place haunts me and like I said should be shut down never send a family member there!!!!!

Next Best Place

Our Loved one has lived here for 5 years and is thriving. There is a new Site Director who is dynamic and her enthusiasm is contagious. She is committed to hiring caring, qualified staff and promoting a safe environment for all residents. The apartments are a perfect size when residents want to retire to their private quarters. Seniors tend to isolate so the common areas have been remodeled and are where the residents congregate for activities. The monthly activities vary. The food menu changes and the Chef is accommodating with special requests.

There is always someone in the lobby to greet you and direct you. The staff address all residents by name and treat them with respect. There is a hominess in the facility and they encourage residents to participate in activities that interest them. The driver is caring beyond words and safely transports residents to their doctors appointments. Each staff member brings a sensitive caring approach to these Seniors who need a little extra help or supervision.

Can't say enough about the quality of this facility. It is the next best place to be if your loved one can no longer live independently in their own home. There is a peace of mind that our loved one is receiving 24 hour supervision as needed. I work in healthcare and have been in many facilities. I highly recommend Woodbridge for your loved one.

This was a lovely facility but it was farther away and more difficult drive for me. They did share the most delicious carrot cake muffins.

Beautiful Rooms

This was a beautiful community and the staff that did our tour here did a great job, they took their time and showed us all around and answered all our questions as well. The rooms/apts were done up beautifully, the grounds were beautiful but the one thing that concerned me was the long barren hallways that I felt would be very confusing for my mother. I did notice that there was an apt door that was painted a bright pink so that resident would definitely know where their room was. I would suggest that you come and take a tour.

Great care for mom

This is a nice community for the care. we like that the environment. The staff is so very nice and attentive. We like she likes the good menu with the nice variety. They are trying to get my mom involved with the activities and we like that they are trying. I like knowing that my mom is happy with her room. We would recommend this community highly to other families.

Atria Woodbridge place is a beautiful, impressive facility with great amenities. There appears to be an excellent infrastructure for residents including 24-hour nursing staff, flexible meal/dining room access throughout a 12-hour (daily) timeframe, terrific (shaded) porch/veranda, transportation (to/from medical appointments, grocery store and outings), very nicely appointed common areas, many on-premises activities, laundry service as needed, beautiful grounds, and clean, well-maintained interior areas. The staff that we met were enthused with their work and seemed very committed to taking the best care of residents. The only downside is the very small square footage of resident rooms, be they studio, standard or one bedroom residences. Of those facilities that I have toured, this is the most impressive and beautiful facility of them all, but the very puny size of the resident apartments is quite off-putting. I understand that the goal is to have residents leave their apartments often so that they are engaged in the community at the facility, but, nevertheless, those apartments seen unnecessarily small.

Woodbridge seems nice enough, there were just little things that made it less desirable to me. I didn't like the activities in the basement and the place felt dark.

Kate Vance

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. If you'd like to share more, please feel free to email me directly at [removed]. Your comments help us continue to improve!

Nice but why pay assisted living rates for Independent Living!

A wonderful choice for loved ones.

The staff is wonderful and friendly. They know every residence and take good care of each one based on their individual needs. Staff if friends towards visitors and there aren't any restrictions for visiting. The food is good and plentiful. All in all I find it to be a great place.

Atria, A Friendly and Quality Facility for Your Loved One

We found Atria through SeniorAdvisor.com when looking for a place for my father. Atria was the first facility to contact us and their marketing director, [Removed], was wonderful. She was not only kind but sympathetic and understanding to our situation as well. The staff at Atria were extremely friendly and helpful. They all really seemed to truly care about my dad and our family. The only complaint is their billing never seemed to add up correctly when my mom was sent statements. However, they usually cleared it up with a phone call.

A place I would want to be.

I selected Atria Woodbridge Place for my senior friend based on available services, attentiveness and professionalism of the staff and size of the community. Although it is pricey it is important to me that my fiend who has dementia get the best care.
The apartments are quite nice but very small. There is limited closet space. Meals are prepared by a trained chef and are tailored to meet the types of foods seniors would enjoy. There is also a beautiful room where snacks are available all day long.
The maintenance team led by Carlos is superb.
Most important to me however, is the respect and warmth each and every staff member displays to the residents.
I am so glad that I found a place for my friend where I know she is in the best of hands,

The workers were very nice, and the price was negotiable which is a plus. Overall not as nice as some of the others, but had a good number of room choices.

Wonderful Place!

My mother recently became a resident in the memory care unit after we received a referral from A Place for Mom.
Her new home is like an apartment and the food in the restaurant is so good my father wants to come visit her 3 times a day so he can eat there! The staff members always greet you with a smile and offer many activities for her to participate in. We love that we are able to take her to her doctor appointments and out for little trips during the day and are thrilled that she has a safe place to live with the care that she needs!

Don't hesitate, join Atria Woodbridge.....

What a beautiful facility to spend the senior years, the residents are really pampered there and the staff couldn't do more for you! So many activities and life enrichment things going on there's no time to be bored! But if you wanted to just relax you can certainly do that too! Great meals, outings, I could go on......

Everything was good

My mother was there for a short time. In that short time everything was good. They communicated. Everything was decent. The facility was clean. The staff was great. They were very friendly and accommodating. They seemed very caring. The value was excellent. They did a pretty good job at taking care of my mother for that short period of time. The activities were excellent. They had a variety of activities.

left me smiling!

When I left the place I was smiling! They had people out of their rooms singing songs and just very happy. Even though my dad is not one to join in such, that made a great impression on me. I checked out half a dozen or so other places and every one I went to I compared to Atria Woodbridge Place. In the end it was a no-brainer! They have really been excellent! It has been such a blessing! Highly recommended!

we are really happy

They are really good and we are really happy! It's a larger community, but yet you still feel like they give everybody special attention and treat everyone with individual care. It is still a good home-like feel even though they have more residents than some of the other places we checked out. They make you feel very welcome, and the nursing staff seems to be really on the ball. I hope dad will stay there as we are really pleased with it.

Atria Woodbridge 2013-14

Really great people. My mom went into Atria Woodbridge needing extra care. And left after 5 months helping others get to and from their seats in the dining room. Mom says if the apts were larger she would have loved to stay. Thank you for helping her get back on her feet and feel useful again.

My loved one seems very happy there

My loved one seems very happy there, and he seems to well taken of. The only concern I had was that there was a fall, and I am not sure if maybe it could have been prevented, I don't know if maybe they let him out of the bus in a bad spot, or if maybe someone could have been there. I just don't know. The food portions were really small for him, but when I brought that up to them they were able to give him a bigger portion. They have been very nice, the people that helped after the fall did such a good job. They have been more than helpful with everything.

Staff is amazing!!!! Building is beau...

Staff is amazing!!!! Building is beautiful. You get what you pay for. 😄😃😀

Very pleased with this community so far

I've only visited a few times, as I am located out of state, but everything I've heard from my family has been great. It's a nice looking community, and the staff are very friendly.
Mom has had a few complaints about the care, but that may just be her getting used to a new setting and this type of care.

Excellent

Excellent. The common areas could use some work. There is a stain on the carpet outside of an elevator that is still there. It's a very nice facility, it's well maintained and the price point reflects what they offer. It's like a college dorm for elderly people, good food, nice rooms. They do have a lot to do. A little more variety on their menu would be nice, the communities eating there are all the same people, all the time, my mom complained they never have rolls for dinner. If I owned the facility and I was trying to market exceed in a competitive arena I would be known for my food. I chose this one because it's in our area but the person who owned it before Atria had a good reputation, it's a clean, well built facility, and it makes sense as you manage through it, it's laid out well the care is good. I would highly recommend it I would live there myself.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. I’m so glad to hear that you are pleased with our community overall. We value feedback from families and visitors as they can provide valuable insight on how we can continually improve. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors, but if you have suggestions you would like to share, we welcome the opportunity. Please contact us at [removed] including "Atria Woodbridge Place" in your subject line.

All the residents and staff we came in contact with were really friendly.

A really outstanding facility. A very updated facility. They appeared to have activities, it was very clean. I like the dining area set up. All the residents and staff we came in contact with were really friendly.

Atria Was Fabulous!!

Their value was extremely good. It was exactly what I expected and was told it would be. It was a true bargain, an amazing bargain. It was beautiful, I can't think of one single thing, the paperwork the attention to detail were wonderful! They had an extremely good activities program for people with dementia, and very up to date right down to the color of the decor. They have exactly the color schemes recommended for dementia patients. We were really impressed. The food was fine. There were no complaints. I can't think of anything they could improve or do better on I would have to strain my mind a bit to actually try to find anything even the parking was really good. The building is newer and has a moderness to it.

I think it's going well, I have moved other relatives and friends in there as well. It's clean and neat and they seem very attentive. I call them about things that need to get done and the girls at the front desk will put the work order right in. When they push the button they come right away. They carry a button that stays with them and if they need something, it will tell the staff who pushed it, and where they are, whether they fall down or need something. When they do go up to the room the caregivers have a button too and they have to push both buttons at the same time to show that they responded. We do have a companion for getting dressed and showering, who maybe brings up her breakfast and lunch. They do offer seven different levels of care at an extra charge. The food has been good. I haven't had issues any of the times I've eaten there they are appetizing and look good. They have a private room you can reserve for family events. The staff was very friendly. they all seemed to say hello and it was relatively quiet. They have activities but when you walk down the hall way, you don't hear people yelling or screaming. They have a living room type of area where people can do their puzzles and places to sit that is not in your room they are very nicely furnished with nice views out the windows. I know they are going to be fed and they will keep track of everything.

Not Enough Caregivers

We did have a few issues. My mom had a couple falls. It did not seem like there were enough caregivers for the number of residents. Whether or not the falls could have been prevented, I don't know. We'd have to search for someone to assist us when we'd come in. When we found them though, they were great. The facility itself is beautiful. The people were extremely kind and nice and helpful. One woman, Jeanette, was beyond helpful. She was fantastic. It's just that when people are in life guidance with dementia, they can do strange things and they need to be monitored.

Kate Vance

Thank you for providing feedback on our community and I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and kind. I am sorry to hear that your mother has had instances of falling and wanted to address your concern for our caregiver to resident ratio. We have recently analyzed the Life Guidance neighborhood and have created a full time program specialist position that will assist in providing extra monitoring and attention to our residents. The position will be starting in December. If you would like to discuss this matter further or you have any questions, just email us at [removed] and include you Atria community name in the subject line.

Place had good energy. Peop...

Place had good energy. People where active and happy.Building in nice and has all the amenities. Price may be out of reach for us.If they are willing to deal I would listen and if we could ,I would b place Mom there.Residents polled on the front porch had very good reviews. 5 stars at a lower price

I was very impressed with t...

I was very impressed with this place. It is small and the people are extremely friendly. They had a way of making me feel very welcome.

We're Extremely Pleased!

It's tough for me to rate the activites because my parents don't really take advantage of them. But judging from the monthly calender that they put out they have a lot. They have art classes, exercise classes like yoga and tai chi, walking, movies and more.

The only complaint is that the head person there, at Atria Woodbridge Place, moved on to something else so there's an interim person in there right now. They're sitll working on getting reorganized and getting a replacement.

We chose it because it's very clean, very friendly. We're extremely pleased!

While this facility is 14 years old, ...

While this facility is 14 years old, it look much newer. I enjoyed meeting EVERYONE, from the chef in the kitchen to the nurse supervisor. While looking at some of the floor plans, a resident asked if I wanted to see her apartment. It helped me see what an apartment could look like with personal touches.

very well liked. bright, friendly. th...

very well liked. bright, friendly. the room was nice and spacious for even a small room. the restroom was very accessible. definitely in consideration for final decision.

My Mom moved into Atria on June 26th....

My Mom moved into Atria on June 26th. She is very content and impressed with her new home.

Did not have a dimentia unit.

Did not have a dimentia unit.

Very, very nice. Tied for #1 with Ros...

Very, very nice. Tied for #1 with Rose Tree.

Beautiful facility. Small but open m...

Beautiful facility. Small but open memory care. Comfortable and new. Like a hotel. $650/MONTH includes all physical therapy, etc. They do not have a nurse but have a memory care program manager to keep patients fit. Food good.

We found this place to be very nice, ...

We found this place to be very nice, in a beautiful location, but too small.

With the country charm of Atria Woodbridge Place, you’ll feel like you’re on vacation every day. At our sprawling homestead, set upon beautifully landscaped grounds, you’ll enjoy a packed social calendar that includes excursions to local theaters. Easily accessible from Route 113, Atria Woodbridge Place is convenient for visiting family and friends.