Atria Rancho Park - San Dimas, CA

Fantastic!

[Removed] did a good job showing us everything and answering our questions. We appreciated the tartars the community gave us. Thank you.

Care and Assistance

The care at this community is outstanding. We like that the staff is very caring. The menu is outstanding and we like the variety of the menu. They have activities that are available for the residents who are willing to participate. We would recommend the care of this community to other families for care

Spacious bedrooms!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and we could not be happier with how things are going for her. The staff have been absolutely wonderful and have made my mom feel right at home with the help with all the welcoming residents. Her apartment is perfect for her with lots of extra room for all her personal things. She has had no complaints of the meals and enjoys participating in the activities they have throughout the week.

The place is huge. It is very busy and lively. The staff seems wonderful. The rooms were clean and looked newly remodeled. I would feel comfortable placing a loved one there.

Positive Energy!!

This community was probably my favorite community out of all the different tours we had taken. The residents all seemed so bright and enjoying different activities throughout the building. The most important thing I had noticed was all of the positive energy throughout the complex. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

They Blew Me Away!

The staff was great and helpful. they are outstanding and I was super impressed. The only thing that I had a hard time with was when i took my loved one in I told the staff that I would help my loved one adjust and they said that they knew what they were doing. They did what they could , but I would have rather done it myself. The food is excellent and healthy. The community always smells clean and is kept clean. I would recommend them to family.

Nice, Informative Tour

We toured this community for my father in law and his needs. The tour went well. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. and well maintained. The staff I met was kind and informative. Our tour went well, but it just wasn't the place for my father in law and his needs.

Mom's Happy Here

This is a great community for my mom. The community is clean and the food is excellent. The staff is outstanding. Alot of great activities are available for my mom. I highly recommend this community to other families

Great Tour!!

Atria Rancho Park had many floors. I wasn't very convinced that this would fit the needs of my mother. I did like their complimentary transportation and that they had nurses on call. It looked like a safe place the rooms were all clean and there was no smell which was one of my main concerns. The tour guide mentioned that they try to accommodate the residents at all times with their meals.

Home Sweet Home!!

It is great knowing that my aunt is in a safe community. It feels like home. It's outstanding how everyone knows each other by name. The community is always up-kept and the housekeeping is always working on fixing something. The meals have a great taste to them. I absolutely recommend the community Atria Rancho Park.

Peace of mind.....

My 94-year-old father has been at Atria Rancho Park for almost two months and he is very happy. He has a great apartment with a lovely porch that he enjoys a lot. The view is wonderful. So far the staff seems to be very helpful. He is able to do a lot of things for himself but they help out when necessary. The food is fabulous and the servers are top notch. I have peace of mind knowing that help is available with a push of a button.

Wonderful Activities

They are taking good care of my father at this community. I'am confident about the type of care he is receiving. The staff is good, I have't had any problems with the staff. The community looks great, everything is always nice and clean. He is happy here and has no complaints. He is participating in some activities, they do offer great activities. The food is fair, he is okay with the meals. I would highly recommend this community.

Great Place

The friendliness of the staff is great and very helpful. They care for the people that live Atria Rancho Park. The place is kept very clean. Rancho has all kinds of activites for many differant interests.

FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL

OUR EXPERIENCE FROM OUR FIRST PHONE CALL TO ATRIA TO MOVING OUR MOTHER TO THIS COMMUNITY WAS GREAT. ALL THE STAFF IS FRIENDLY AND MOST HELPFUL. OUR MOTHER IS HAPPY WITH HER ACCOMMODATIONS AND CARE, WHICH MAKES US VERY HAPPY AS WELL. WE WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ATRIA!

Respectful staff

Everything seems to be going okay since my mom has been at ATria Rancho Park. There are a little bit of cumminication problems. But overall the staff tries to be customer friendly. They did recently say she has dimentia, and that made the premium go up. But I am taking her to a different doctor for evaluation/diagnosis. The community does offer activities but my mom does not participate, I wish she would and hopefully down the road she will. She loves the food! She will call me and tell me how delicious a meal was. I think it's a good place and I feel secure that she is getting the best care there. The caregivers and staff treat the residents with respect. I do think she may need and is not getting enough assistance with going to the bathroom.

Katy Miller

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family. I would like to help so I’ve shared your concerns with our community and welcome open communication. You can reach me directly at [removed]

Super staff

I do not know a lot about the activities there because my mom does not participate in them. They do offer a lot. Everyone is super there. I love the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and it is outstanding.

Great place for mom

We checked out several communities before choosing this one for my mom. They have a friendly helpful staff, good food and most of all happy active residents. My mom has been there a week and already gone to stretch class and making new friends.
What I first noticed was how peaceful it is, trees, birds.. No street noise.
My mom is happy there and that is what matters.

Helpful and attentive staff

The staff here is very helpful and attentive. The facility is always clean and the other residents are very nice. There are quite a few activities for the residents to get involved in if they so choose. The food is good here too.

Katy Miller

I appreciate you taking time to write this review. We pride ourselves in creating a top notch senior living experience so I'm glad you're pleased with the community and the services provided. If you'd like to share more feedback, feel free to reach out to me directly any time at [removed].

Overall I think it is a good place for my dad. We're very happy there. In terms of improvement, I don't think there is anything they can improve right now.

still adjusting

At Atria Rancho Park things have been really pretty good. Mom and dad are still adjusting. Patty, the sales person is very nice and friendly. Hearing from mom and dad they are super friendly when they want to get you in there. Once you get in they aren't as far as the upper management people. One thing mom and dad had a problem with was going to the dining area. They would like to sit where they want to sit. One waitress wanted them to sit in a certain place. They just aren't ready for that kind of treatment. They are still on the ball and wanting to make their own choices on things that they can. They did go to the head guy and he said that shouldn't be. But then the staff were giving mom and dad the cold shoulder for a while. I think it's getting better. Also they don't really mind sitting with other people but sometimes they have to sit with others that really make your meal not pleasant at all. There are people that are loud or will cuss, they can't help it but it ruins the experience for those that aren't in that state. Outside of that things have been good and they are just needing more adjustment time.

Katy Miller

We’re pleased that your mom and dad have chosen our community. We’d like to learn more about your mom and dad’s dining experiences after a bit more of an adjustment time, so please reach us directly at [removed].

need more vegetarian options for meals

The staff at Atria Rancho Park is very attentive. The only thing I would say that needs improving is they need more vegetarian options for meals. Overall in general she is enjoying her stay. It has been a good experience.

Friendly and very professional

They went out of their way to help us and worked with the hospital and the insurance company to get information. They were good at following up and definitely went above and beyond other facilities, that I have talked to before. The place was exceptionally clean and the staff was very friendly and very professional and went beyond what other places did.

We really like it. We are very happy with Atria.

We really like it. We are very happy with Atria. They do the best in the dining room, the food choices are very good, very tasty and well prepared. The housekeeping is very good. I think they do a really good job of trying to encourage, and get the resident to participate in the activities or events. They are respectful if you don't want to and they will even take your food up to you, if need be. Occasionally we don't get as quick of a response as we want, but generally they are there within about 10 minutes. They were pretty comparable in price to what other were, depending on your level care. There is room for improvement, but overall we are very happy. The residents all seem content. When we first toured she fell in love with it, she said this is the one I want.

Exceptional staff!

Atria Rancho Park is a very nice place, overall! The staff here is exceptional! They are very friendly, accommodating, and professional, and they really went out of their way to try and help my loved one feel at home. I've seen quite a few senior communities, and I would highly recommend Atria Rancho Park!

The staff is friendly. They take the time to say Hi..

The Atria Rancho Park is a pretty nice place. My loved one has been here for about a month. The staff is friendly. They take the time to say Hi. They know everybody by name. I would say that the assisted living has a little bit to be desired. I feel like there should be more assisting. The food is good. The parking is fine. Overall, this is a pretty nice place. I would recommend the Atria Rancho Park to anyone.

I would recommend it

I think the activities is one area they could improve on. Everything else is pretty good. I would recommend the Atria Rancho Park to my friends or to anyone looking for a nice community. The facility is very clean. The staff has been very friendly and welcoming. I can't rate the care services because my loved one is in independent living. It is not applicable. Overall, it was a pretty good experience.

extremely friendly

They are really extremely friendly. I am very appreciative of how understanding they are when my dad is not in a good mood for the day. They call me and we collaborate together and work through it towards the best solution. I am happy to have my father there at Atria Rancho Park and would highly recommend them.

Good entertainment and meals

The staff is very friendly. They have good entertainment and good meals. The Atria Rancho Park is a nice community. Everyone seems to be very friendly. My mother is happy here. She is also comfortable.

extremely helpful

They people at Atria Rancho Park were extremely helpful in getting my parents moved in, even assembling some complicated new furniture for them. They really went way above and beyond expectations. My in-laws are super super happy there. All of the staff from top to bottom have been extremely gracious and warm and welcoming, and have made them feel very welcome and at home. I can't even think of anything they could do to improve.

The experience we have had with Atria Rancho Park has really been great. Dad is really happy there, and we are really happy with them.

The only area I can think of where they might could improve would be with the activities. The activities seem more geared for women (crafts and such) and as such my dad does not take part in them. It would be good to have some more creative activities geared towards men.

Atria Rancho Park: Great place for a loved one.

On our first visit to Atria Rancho Park I was sold. The facility looks more like a resort than an assisted living facility. Very clean and well maintained. The staff is fabulous, they showed great concern for our situation and what we were going through. Moving you mother from her home she has lived in for the past 40 years is not easy. The Staff worked very hard to make my mother feel welcome and at home. Daily activities planned that she soon looked forward to attending, to the point where we had to plan our visits around them. The dining room, you don't want to miss a meal because the food is so good. Resturant style eating, great. The care is great, medications well maintained and they keep a close eye on all residence. Although assisted living is expensive, what you get out of Atria Rancho Park out weighs the cost. We were able to get VA assistance to cover some of the cost to make it affordable for as long as my mother needed it. And I truly wish she was still there to visit. I highly recommend Atria Rancho Park.

My mom

I feel the people that work there are the biggest asset.
The kitchen is great and my mother has made some good
Freinds. she is happier there than she was at home because she has more people to talk to.

Larger, but okay

It was a bigger place with over two hundred people. They spoke my loved one’s language. It wasn’t a bad place. She was active. There could have been more activities. The community was more ethnic which was comfortable for us.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear that your family felt comfortable at our community. It sounds like you may have suggestions for activities you would like to see on the agenda and we would love to hear them! Please feel free to email us directly at [removed] and if you include “Atria Rancho Park” in your subject line, we will quickly be able to include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We appreciate your feedback.

They have an exceptionally friendly staff.

They have an exceptionally friendly staff. It’s ten times better than where we had our loved one before.
They’ve been able to get my loved one involved in activities. It’s just independent living so you can’t age in place there, but for independent living they are an exceptional value for the money.

overall very good

overall very good

Very nice! Everyone was ver...

Very nice! Everyone was very nice. Patti was amazing. I think we have found a new home for mom! The gift was yummy!!! Thank you so much!

Very Happy Here

After looking at 3 or 4 different options, we really liked that this community is not on a main street. There's a park all the way around it and the environment is sort of woodsy. It's a very nice setting. Also, on the inside, we really like the way it's organized and all the floors have the same footprint. It has a very nice and warm feel. Also, they have a 7am - 7pm kitchen time, so the eating times are very flexible.

Safety issues

I moved my grandmother out last month and would NEVER recommend this facility to anyone. I am extremely dissatisfied and plan to make a formal complaint. My biggest concern was SAFTEY. The system they have in place for responding to residents that have an emergency is a joke. All residents use the same emergency pendent to contact the staff for emergencies as well as general requests. Example if my grandmother falls she should press the pendent, if she wants to go down to the dining room she would press the same pendent. How does the staff know if it’s an emergency and should respond right away? The answer is they DON’T. This is a huge safety concern. My grandmother had more than 8 falls here in a 5 month period. I am not saying that Atria is responsible for them but what I am saying is that they did nothing to help prevent or improve the situation. Bottom line is this place may be alright for highly active and functional individuals but if your loved one has medical issues this is not the place for them.

Kate Vance

I am so sorry to hear of your grandmother’s experience. Resident safety is not something we take lightly and we would like to connect with you personally to gain a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Rancho Park” in your subject line. We truly value feedback from families and hope to speak with you soon.

They are great! The staff are all ver...

They are great! The staff are all very wonderful! My loved one's caregiver is so sweet, and she just fell in love with her! The caregivers are so nice, and all of the residents are nice too. My loved one has already made friends, and they eat meals together and go on walks together. Such a wonderful place!

The best way to find a place!

Contacting a Place for Mom was the best thing I did when I realized that I could no longer let my mom live alone anymore. I spoke with a compassionate and knowledgeable advisor who knew the area, the pros and cons of various settings and who was willing to research who had spaces open. She saved me hours of wasted time and frustration and let me to the perfect place for mom!

Love and thankfulness to Patricia Buril and Staff !!!

Patricia Buril of Atria Ranch Park in San Dimas began helping my family as soon as she received the news that my aunt was in distress and was temporarily staying in a Motel until we could find a suitable place for her to live. Patti immediately arranged to bring my aunt's favorite hot dinner and a whole apple pie to her room. Patti personally delivered this meal and a few others while my aunt was waiting to be relocated. Patti also brought clean clothes, snacks and a warm blanket. She brought some flowers on Valentine's Day. She arranged for my aunt to take a tour and listen to a choir perform at the Atria Ranch Park before I could arrive in town. When I arrived, we took another tour and had lunch. Their food is very good and all of the staff members are friendly and supportive. My aunt agreed to live for a few months at the Atria Ranch Park while we arrange to sell her home in Glendora. I can stay with her when during my next visit and I find the community to be a beautiful, safe and peaceful place to be. I feel certain my aunt will become attached to the care givers and other residents at the Atria Ranch Park. She may not want to move again once she stays for a weeks. Thank you to all of the staff that continues to look after my aunt's need. And a special mention of the medical staff that helped evaluate my aunt so she could be cleared to move in.

There is still much work for me to do regarding my aunt's continued care and it sure helps not to be overwhelmed with concerns about her immediate care. She is in good hands. There is always someone there to answer the phone and check on her if my aunt doesn't respond to her cell phone. The Atria library is where I will take my aunt during my upcoming visit. She loves to read and they have a collection of large print books available. Also, I will go with the group shopping via the shuttle so she becomes familiar with places to go with all of her new friends. One thing is for sure, my aunt likes their coffee and has been getting up earlier to have the breakfast of her choice freshly prepared. I am hopeful that she will gain a little weight as she enjoys starting her day with good company. - Thank You Atria Rancho Park and your wonderful, gracious staff!

Atria Rancho Park is a lovely facilit...

Atria Rancho Park is a lovely facility in a quiet community. The room are spacious and comfortable. Every one at the facility is friendly and address the residents by their names. There are a wide variety of activities to choose from for the residents.

Not our favorite

This was a nice enough looking place, and the people were friendly, but it lacked a few things we were wanting. It was a smaller place, so not as much social interraction. It also did not have a pool, which was something we were looking for specifically. The rooms also felt smaller, and the place had more of a dormitory atmosphere.

Good intentions aren't enough

My mother has been in Atria Rancho Park for three months and while this is still a transition period for her it has been a very different experience for me.
The staffing level is greatly insufficient to meet the needs of the number of residents.
I have had to make 3 separate requests over a 12 day period to have the heating system in my mother's room fixed - it was non-functioning and we are getting cold nights and evenings.
Trying to determine the level of assistance for my mother has also been difficult because there seems to be an unwillingness to work with a resident's individual needs -- there is a list of things they may do and that is as much as can be expected. Any claims of medical assistance are absolutely not to be believed -- they will dole out pills but nothing more; and even on that point if you are unwilling to work with 'their pharmacy' you are given the impression that you are being troublesome.
I have had the business manager complain to me about residents taking food from their canteen in a manner that implied the residents were stealing; this canteen was described to me as being always open and always available to residents when I first toured this residence so this was quite an eye-opening comment.
Bottom line - like may facilities of this type, it takes a vigilant eye on the part of the family to make this a livable arrangement.

Kate Vance

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties during the beginning of your mother’s stay with us and I do hope that things have improved for you. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors to make sure we are taking measures to meet the high standards Atria sets for all communities. We would like to connect with you personally to see how things are going and get a better understanding of the situation. Please contact us at [removed] and be sure to include “Atria Rancho Park” in your subject line.

Overall Pleased

My mother hasn't been there too long, but so far everything is going well. It is a great value for the pricing. One of the things that was really a pleasant surprise was that the food is very good. She is in level one assisted living, which is the lowest level. She has her own studio, but it doesn't have a kitchen. Overall, we are pleased.

Too Early to Review

It's been 11 days since we moved Dad in. Atria Rancho Park is very clean, food is good. The staff are very nice. However I think its too early to say for sure. I was told he would be assigned an ambassador (which would be another resident) to pick Dad up for dining, etc. so he can get familiar with where everything is. That never happened. My husband & I took him around. I had to ask to put his name on his door. The dining room workers & maintenance workers as well as the person that takes care of Dad's floor all are great to work with. I think he's starting to like it. I'm going to give it a good couple of months then decide. I will say I feel so much better that he is at Atria than living by himself.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I am very sorry that a Resident Ambassador was not connected with your dad and for the lack of identification on his door. We will certainly review our processes to make sure these things are being done in a timely fashion. It sounds like you have been pleased with our dining options and our staff overall. We welcome any other suggestions you may have to improve your dad’s experience with us. You can always contact us directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

It's Working Out Well

It's wonderful! Of course the value is relative to the income of the person. It's expensive I think, considering the retirement that people have but for the money the care is good. It's good that my mother-in-law is mobile so she doesn't really need a lot of care right now but if she needs care it is available so that's good. It works out very well. There are plenty of activities and that's what we were looking for. I have recommended it to a lot of other families that I know. I think from what I know, my MIL only has one complaint. Out of all the ladies that help her in the morning one of them is very rough and unfriendly. It's just that one that she ever complains about.

LaDawn K.

I’m so glad to hear that you have found our community to be pleasant. We are definitely proud of the wide range of engaging activities that we offer our residents. I am concerned, however, about your reference to one of our care staff. I will be sure to share your review with the appropriate directors who can ensure that our staff is providing the very best care to our residents. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact us at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

a new beginning

My Dad moved into Atria Rancho Park at the start of October. Over the the better half of those three weeks my Dad, who came into Atria very depressed, unhappy. He had almost stopped eating, surviving on Insure and other meals in a can. He is now eating at the three meals Atria offers each day. Also, when he arrived, he was being pushed in a wheel chair. Again, he now is just using a walker for balance and is on his own again. The atmosphere at Atria, I think is one of the primary reasons for this. Their staff works very hard at making themselves available to the residents. They remember the little details about their residents and so when I am with Dad for dinner one of servers will drop by and without having to ask, they just say , "soup today Mr. Frank?" It is the little things and Atria seems to have it.

Mom Got Pressure Ulcers

My parents went in as assisted living but my mother is kind of marginal, she can do stuff, but I don't think they checked in on her enough. When she came home she had pressure ulcer on her feet which means she stayed in the bed too many days.
Even with assisted they need to check and make sure they get up and not stay in a bed all the time - that's why it's assisted. Other than that everyone was very nice and everything was good. My parents were there for respite for a month and for her to come back with pressure ulcers after a month was not good. I think I would use a different place next time.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I apologize for the issue your mother experienced at our community during her respite stay. Our staff encourage residents to participate in the more than 200 activities and events planned each month and to be generally active. We also respect their need for privacy and time to themselves, but family members are usually notified if the resident does not wish to get out of bed for days at a time. We would like to discuss this with you further if you are willing. Please contact our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Mother-in-Law is in Good Hands

Their staff is just excellent and they've been great with us. They call us for anything we need. When we leave we know that my mother-in-law is in good hands. It's been 3 weeks that my mother-in-law has been there and we are just very happy about what's happening there.

Warm and Welcoming Staff

We chose it because it was a warm and welcoming community. My father has lived in this area for the majority of his life so he was able to stay in the neighborhood. Patty is just wonderful and everyone on the staff is just so nice. The only issue we have had is when he first got to Atria he was seated by an employee and then a resident came up to him and told him he was in her seat although there is no assigned seating. That is about the only issue we have had but everything else has been great. I would recommend them in a minute.

Upper Middle Class Community

(Activities Not Rated) The people at Atria were alert and friendly. The residents seem to be upper middle class which is what our loved one is used to being around. They offer a higher level of care. The community is really pretty and really a higher class type of community. The size of the studio was bigger then the previous community for about the same cost. The staff has been very cooperative during the move in. They are providing transportation and seem like they really take care of the residents.

Great location beautiful ar...

Great location beautiful area, wonderful staff, very clean and great food. Can't ask for anything more.

Very pleasant staff with passion

The staff is very happy and pleasant seems like no one is in a bad mood. I like the demeanor of the staff they seem to really have passion for what they do. The care services they offer are great they really go above and beyond. They offer lots of activities and keep the residents busy if they chose to participate. I was there for Father’s Day and they had a perform come in and sing covers of songs, which was really fun, both my father and I enjoyed it. From the moment we stepped into Atria’s lobby it was warm and inviting, they had a sign with our names welcoming us into the community. The introduced us to some residents and some residents that we didn’t know even cam up to us and introduced themselves just to welcome us to the community. Everyone in this community is very engaging, it’s not like a convalescent home everyone more like a resort type feeling. The food is just wonderful; I had some French toast with bacon. The chef also made a special Chile Verde for us. If you don’t like what is on the menu they will make something you do want to eat. Atria Rancho Park is just a wonderful place and we are very pleased with our choice.

The best of all we saw. Laurie was v...

The best of all we saw. Laurie was very well-prepared for our visit with a complete tour, introductions to staff and other residents. We had lunch at a table she arranged ahead of time. The building was clean and well-maintained. The rooms were lovely, with a balcony and accommodations for pets. Laurie made some concessions on price, making it very doable for my mother. It is most likely the place she will go when the time comes.

Studio $2,350 special until 9/30 for...

Studio $2,350 special until 9/30 for $1,995 2 showers/week, escort to dining med admin $595. incontinence $895

At Atria Rancho Park, you’ll find a peaceful, warm environment with beautiful landscaping and towering trees. Enjoy an afternoon stroll through the five acres of property that offer breathtaking views of the San Gabriel Mountains. Relax in our extensive library and quaint chapel, or challenge a friend to a game of pool in the billiards room.

License #197801052