Atria North Escondido - Escondido, CA

Beautiful facility and everyone was very personable and kind to the residents. Probably will look closer to my home for convenience of care.

Really enjoyed our tour. Beautiful facilities. Didn't take long to decide to move Mom in.

Staff was very friendly and had a very small family vibe. Bright and higher ceilings. Very clean. Not much outdoor space. Very small @80 residents. No gym or pool. Need to find out how much for 1 bedroom. No kitchen in room. personal care add'l cost. Food brought to room additional cost. licensed memory care facility. Worried about mom being challenged and connecting with the older population.

I toured this community

[Removed] was a nice gentleman that gave me the tour and he answered all of my questions. The property was small. The location wasn't ideal, there were lots of broken down cars on the street where they were located. Didn't feel very welcoming to me. I wouldn't feel safe leaving my mom here.

Really enjoyed my tour, people friendly, place bright and welcoming, my tour guide was very helpful in our conversation. Residents seem to really enjoy it. Unfortunately outside of our price range with the level care he would need.

Very Nice Tour

The staff did a very nice job in showing us around and they took their time doing so as well as answering our questions. This is a very nice community that offers a lot to their residents but we felt the room sizes were not what we wanted for our mother.

Almost a perfect fit!

Atria North Escondido was a really nice tour. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. It offers a nice quiet atmosphere. We had the opportunity to dine there and the cook is very proud of the meals presented. They even had us take home some of the homemade muffins. It is a great location, close to the YMCA. We chose another location because my mom really wanted a kitchen.

Nice community

Atria was very nice. The food looked good too! We decided other options because the layout of the room isn't what we were looking for.

Beautiful Place!!

I thought this property was beautiful and very well maintained by the staff. They had a great floor plan available to all of the residents and where very professional during our tour. I liked that everything was clean and that they had multiple activities going on for the residents throughout the facility. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

She's adjusting very well...

Initially, my mother was not very happy to be going into the memory care unit. Now that time has gone by, she has adjusted well and is making friends. She is going on outings and walks. They have moved her to the first story with higher functioning residents. I am happy to have the peace of mind that she is being well taken care of and she is safe. She loves the food that is served there.

Smooth move in!

I have been impressed with the care that my loved one has received from the staff. She is doing okay so far, still getting used to all of the changes. I feel a lot better now knowing that she is safe. She went to this facility because it was smaller and felt more homelike.

Great Place For My Mom

My brothers and I love Atria Escondido for my mom. She lives in the memory care unit. The staff is incredibly friendly and caring and she is getting great attention. We thought she would never adapt to her new surroundings but within one week she was adapting fine, thanks to the staff. She is now very happy there and getting great care. She loves all of the activities and outings and the staff pays close attention to her daily routine and habits and assures that her care and comfort are customized to her. We couldn't be happier.

My visit

The staff we meet at this community were nice and knowledgable. The community seemed clean and open. This community allows pets and offers transportation.

Great care and value

I like the care here for my mom. she likes the staff and is happy with the attention that she is receiving here. the food is very appealing. They are keeping her busy wth the activities with the other residents. We would be happy to inform others of this community for the great care that is needed for a loved one.

So far so good!

I think the Atria turned out to be everything it was advertised to be. We have been encouraging my mother in law to join activities and be more social. The meals that are provided there are adequate. I thought they would be a little bit better quality, but it is good enough. They have had a lot of entertainment this month for Valentine's day. Overall, we are pleased with the way things are going.

Love the Staff and How they work with me and my 95 year old Mom

Great place so far!!

I live in a different city than my mother, but from what I've seen, the Atria North Escondido has been a good move. My mother likes it, and she says the meals are very good. The place overall is very clean compared to other places I toured. So far, we are very happy.

A good move for us!

The staff are excellent and they are encouraging my loved one to participate in the daily activities. She is currently in memory care and we could not be happier with this move. The community is clean and well maintained. She loves the exercise class and I would recommend this community.

I would recommend Atria North Escondido!!!

The well balanced meals are ok most of the time. The chef is great and the desserts are fantastic. I like to participate in quit a few of the various daily activities they offer. They celebrate birthdays and other events within the community. I do not think you could find a more caring or genuine staff.

He Is Pleased With The Food

My husband is still getting adjusted to the community, but it is a nice facility and I'am pleased. I have a few issues with the staff, they contacted his doctor behind my back. I wasn't very pleased with that. It is a nice and clean community. I know he is safe and getting good care. The food is nice, he is pleased with the food. It is a nice community with kind people.

Review of Atria North Escondido - Escondido, CA

Nice clean and comfortable place friendly residents were happy and calm seem to enjoy there environment. Glenn was great answered all our concerns. I believe my Mother could be comfortable and get the help she needs to be strong and indepentant again. We put deposit to reserve studio

Our high standards are met at Atria

We have high standards, and Atria North Escondido meets them. Everyone treats us nicely. They are really helpful for seniors. They make it feel like the residents are still at home. They have movie nights and sometimes people come in and sing. The food is excellent.

Review of Atria North Escondido - Escondido, CA

Liked the smaller facility and friendly feel. Outside areas are some limited as is guest parking but overall very nice. Appear to customize activities to residents likes.

Would not recommend

My review for Atria North Escondido is not favorable. Based on an evaluation by an Atria employee, my husband could not be admitted into Atria until he would be sufficiently rehabilitated. At that time, my husband could no longer walk nor follow instructions of the Physical Therapist for rehabilitation.

Excellent staff!

Things are going very good with my Aunt at Atria North Escondido. The staff has been excellent. She has no complaints about the food. In the mental care unit, there are not many activities.

needs improvement on services provided

I like the ability they have to help them work through being placed there and the issues they may have. I think they can improve on services provided.

No complaints

They seem to be doing fine and everything is going well so far. The staff is professional and friendly and the facility is clean and well run. No complaints so far.

Great place

I have no complaints we just absolutely love it. Everything is great!

quality of the food is not good

Atria North Escondido the facility is nice. My mother is very pleased with the cleaning they do. The quality of the food is not good and they may serve soup that is stone cold. The service might be very slow too due to not enough staff working. The personnel are very friendly and want to please. There are a lot of activities but mom does not participate. Overall it is a good enough place.

Katy Miller

We appreciate your input and have shared this with our culinary staff. If you’d like to give us more valuable feedback, feel free to reach us at [removed].

Atria North Escondido

It am very happy with Atria as my choice to have my father transition from his own place to an assisted living facility. The tour and introduction were extensive compared to other places I considered. And so far his quality of life has improved and he's having fun!

very pleased

We live on Louisiana and it is really good knowing that my parents are being taken really good care of since we live far away and are not able to be right there. We have been very pleased with Atria North Escondido.

They take very good care of my father-in-law, He has had a couple of instances when he has fallen and they have gotten him into the hospital and they call and update us about his medication and any changes with that. The only thing is when we signed the contract, there were a few add-ons that would have been nice to be aware of before we signed it.

Great value and nice environment.

My mother has only lived there for a month, but so far, we have been very pleased with Atria North. The one bedroom is very spacious and was spotless when she moved in. Everyone who works there has been friendly and seems to truly want to help in any way they can. I noticed immediately that the dining room servers knew everyone's name and made an effort to be accommodating to the residents' wishes. The housekeeping staff also does an excellent job.

Mr. Glenn Shimer is a man of uncommon grace and insight. The time we spent in his office and facility was extremely comfortable and informative. We will be considering this facility for some of our other family members in the future.

Mother is very comfortable

Mother is very comfortable at Atria North Escondido. She has adjusted very well. All of the people there are very friendly and helpful and they have really helped to make it a very smooth transition.

It's going very well.

It's going very well. He is very pleased with it there. They very friendly and professional. The food is very good. We are pleased with them. I would rate them very highly so far.

The apartments and facilities were reasonably roomy and well-kept. It's a smaller community with fewer amenities and activities. The resident parking was very tight and limited, and the smoking area was right next to the main entrance - a big turnoff.

Katy Miller

Thank you for visiting our community and for your valuable feedback. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please reach out to us at [removed].

My mother was impressed with this facility and decided to sign up for herself at assisted living and her husband at memory care. Glenn was so kind and patient and explained everything we needed.

LOVED this facility. They interview the new residents and put the info into a memory book - kind of reminded us of a scrapbook or baby album. Staff was super friendly. Meal service was very flexible. Activities were abundant and varied. We put down a deposit on the spot and are on the waiting list!

Happy And Content

Only issue was with my husband and needing to be shaved and hadn't been shaved in a week they usually do shave him. The staff is great and the facility is well kept we are very happy with them. I would most highly recommend them.

very nice

They were very nice when they called and set up a tour for us right away. They have been very friendly and outgoing, and just very thoughtful. It's a very nice place with excellent staff. It has been a great experience and I would highly recommend Atria North Escondido.

They are doing a great job!

They are doing a great job! It's clean and the staff is friendly. She loves the food. We don't have any complaints, at all so far. I would rate them very highly.

Extremely pleased with the experience

I was very impressed with Atria North Escondido on my initial tour, but wanted to wait until my Mother had been there a while before I offered a review. I continue to be impressed with the care and the facilities. The staff is caring and obviously happy in their work, which is not easy to fake over time. The only smell I remember when touring the facility was the potroast from lunch and it smelled wonderful. The rooms are large and homey, and I actually like having to furnish the room with Mom's stuff. It didn't feel like a "rest home", but rather a home. I continue to be impressed and pleased wtih Atria. I was especilly impressed with the management staff and the way they continue to teach, not punish, their staff. I think Atria North Escondido understands that if your staff is happy, your clients and residents will be as well. I sincerely hope that if my family finds themselves in the same situation, they find a place like Atrial North Escondido for me.

very friendly

They were very friendly from the start, and very helpful. I love far away from my dad and I like the fact that they stay in constant communication with me. It is very clean, and a really nice place. Most importantly dad is very happy there. It's been a great experience and I would highly recommend Atria North Escondido.

They aren't the best but they aren't the worst either.

They aren't the best but they aren't the worst either. The food is the big thing, they have a daily menu, and a lot of it she can't eat, partly because of what they put in it. She pretty much has to specialty eat, it's mostly BLT's. We see a lot of people kind of taking a few bites and then pushing the food away, so I don't think it's just us, but you never know. They try to accommodate, but they just don't have a lot of options. The people are nice, and the room is nice. they are a little understaffed and the staff is often running around back and forth. The three most important things I think are the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the food.

Nice Community, Nice Rooms

It was more expensive than the other one we were looking at. I certainly liked the rooms here better. They looked really good but we simply had to go with the cheaper one.

Gaby was very sweet. just n...

Gaby was very sweet. just not up to Silverado in care. If we were going to settle on Escondido it would have been at Silverado

Love this place!!!

Love this place!!!

Near freeway in Escondido. Looks like...

Near freeway in Escondido. Looks like a purpose built seniorcare facility. Nice gardens and patio areas outside. Exercise classes and walks every day. TV room with fresh popcorn. Dining room nicely prepared. Has hair salon. Studio has microwave and fridge. Grab bars in the shower private bath. One bedroom unit has a nice large bathroom.

Facility looked nice and clean. Mana...

Facility looked nice and clean. Manager was "disoriented" and not many people out and about. Activities/outings were minimal.

Located just 35 miles north of San Diego, Atria North Escondido offers a perfect blend of small-town charm and big city buzz for active older adults. Our purposefully designed indoor and outdoor spaces encourage a relaxed, healthy lifestyle. Local outings to Escondido’s historic downtown, vibrant arts venues, restaurants and the Westfield North County Regional Mall give residents plenty of opportunities to stay engaged with the larger community. We offer a variety of amenities such as our Residents’ Garden, media room and three full-service dining venues. Our 24-hour staff provides just the right amount of discreet support to help residents remain as independent as possible. And the specially trained employees in our innovative, secure Life Guidance® neighborhood care for those with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia.

License #374603456