Atria Meridian - Lantana, FL

Best decision I ever made for my 93 year old aunt

Moving my 93 year old aunt to assisted living was long overdue - she didn't want to live with "old people" and felt she was far more capable of living along than she really was. She had someone with her 10-4 on weekdays and more limited hours on the weekend but things came to a head when she started calling me over 50x per day "looking at the walls" in her apartment. Despite her protests, I helped her relocate to Atria Meridian.

Her initial transition was quite challenging but I was amazed at how supportive the Atria Staff was - not just management but the daily care staff. I was in NY so managing the transition was difficult especially with my aunt occasionally calling "911" when she intended to call my "917" area code.

The staff (and the in-house medical staff) was constantly open, warm, receptive and responsive. When I visited, I saw the activities in progress (despite my aunt having told me "they never do anything." Wine mixers (with diluted drinks), entertainers, community visitors, BINGO - a wide array of activities. And if she just wanted to sit, there's ALWAYS a group of residents either out front or in the beautiful lounge. And the physical building itself is like a really nice looking hotel. Upkeep is great and everything smells fresh.

The place is really pretty and if I can share one example of how supportive the staff is; the dining room has three full meals a day with waiter/waitress service and a full menu. When my Aunt comes in to the dining room (which she calls the restaurant) they know she likes a Coke and there is always a Coke waiting for her when she sits down.

Best move we ever made and...... we should have made it years ago when she would have been able to take care advantage of more of the benefits.

well satified

I live in upstate NY and my Aunt is in Atria Meridian... She has had an apartment there since Jan 2018...
I brought her there so I have seen her apartment....
So far I am satisfied with everything that has taken place... I can call for information or when needed Meridian has called me...
I am very glad that I convinced my Aunt [name removed] to move into Meridian

Check small print for assisted living care.

The Atria has many positive programs for Independent living and assisted living. Recently my mother was asked to leave because she was on able to get out of her bed on her own. I found out after the fact they had only one CNA per floor. I have paid extra to have mom checked three times a night and if she needed it have her diaper changed. I found out recently they only check and do nothing if she needs changing. I have two excellent people taking care of mom from 10 AM to 10 PM Monday through Friday. They do most of the work including laundry housekeeping showers and all of mom‘s personal needs. The reason I’m giving the atria only one star is that I just heard there was only one staff member per floor and they were unable to care for my mother. Two months ago they did a rent reduction and now they’re asking her to move. My mother is 96 really doesn’t have many more years to go and those of you that have elderly parents they do not do well when they’re moved. Fortunately I have arranged for her to move into a private room in the small facility and basically will paint the walls in the same colors at the atria and furnish it with all the furniture that is in her bedroom and more. I have battled the atria for about five years concerning their patient care. At one time I had to put in a video system to provide me with information about when the CNA came to look in on mom, go in to check her and change her if necessary. In closing: the Atria Meridian is a clean independent living facility that I can recommend. I cannot recommend assisted-living basically because they are incredibly understaffed and poorly managed from 11 PM to 7 AM. Staff turnover is high and often in need of training. I like [name removed] the manager. She is personable and excellent when directly Confronted with a problem and quick to find a solution. The problem is having so many issues such as replacing carpets, and fixing air-conditioners as 2 examples. We have personally had the carpet cleaned several times and finally we got new carpet. We are moving out in about a week wish the best for Atria and hope they can provide better services particularly for assisted living. If your loved one is healthy and independence the atria is a good choice. When looking for a facility for your loved ones were parents be sure to check The fine print ask lots of questions take notes and be realistic about your loved one. Ask yourself are they able to care for themselves. If not what services are provided by the facility for assisted-living. Lastly when will they ask your loved one to move because they are no longer able to care for or him. Do your homework there are many facilities and I’m sure you can find one that meets your needs. Stay on top of The care your loved one is getting and make sure that the facility is living up to their agreement. For those caregivers good luck.

Kate Vance

Arne, we appreciate that you took the time to share feedback and hope your mom is doing well. If there is anything else we can do, please send us a note at [removed], and we can put you in touch with someone to speak directly.

Compared to other facilities I have visited, it's a bit expensive in its current condition.

BATHROOMS ARE EXTREMELY SMALL, LIMITED COUNTER SPACE NEXT TO SINK. ROOMS ARE TO SMALL. WHEN FURNITURE PUT IN, ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO NAVIGATE IN WHEELCHAIR. DISINFECTANT ODER IN CORRIDORS.

Kate Vance

Hello, and thank you for your feedback. In addition to Atria Meridian, we operate several other communities nearby, and elsewhere in Florida. We want your family to find the living environment that best suits your needs and invite you to visit our website, AtriaSeniorLiving.com, for a map and full listing of all of our Florida communities. If you have additional questions or would like to speak in more detail, please feel free to email me at [removed].

Beautiful facility; delicious food; excellent care for residents; lots of activities, too.

This would rate five stars for me. Clean, bright and cheery, nice staff, economical cost promotion in place now, trying to come up with "dog service" to allow Mother to keep her dog. Know people who have and do live there who are very happy with Atria. Going to suggest some ideas I have come up with to see if something can be worked out. This location would be the most convenient for my family too.

[Removed] is amazing, made the tour fulfilling because of her. Pros: nice, caring people, good lunch. Cons: age of building, not hurricane safe. Thirty year old building tough to look good. Very good pricing. The people that work here on above average.

Combination of Independent LIving Verses Assisteted Living

Dad is doing fine here with any sort of move it takes time to settle in. His living area is quite comfortable. The community offers different levels of living options from independent living to assisted living memory care options. Dad has attended some acitvities but is finding it hard to connect with other residents to some extent and that might be because of the variety of levels of care residents need. Everyone from the staff to the residents are friendly. The food is ok the same as you would find at any senior living community.

The Best Community

My mom loves loves the community. By the second day she had friends. She is playing bingo, cards, lots of classes, and going to the socials. It's a godsend. I see my mom is more busy now. This is the place to be! I thank A Place For Mom, they deserve many, many stars.

Very nice community, people seemed very happy to be there, and the people who work there seem to be very happy as well. Although we are looking for a place for my mother in law, I could see me living there one day.

Dad's Care

this was a nice tour for me to see if it would be a good fit for my father. We liked the staff and it was very clean and nicely. We did not want a community that he would get lost it with directions. They had a good menu to choose from and a variety. A lot of nice activities to participation. We would suggest families see this community for the care and the value.

[Removed], [Removed] was wonderful explaining the function of the residence and what to expect living there.She showed us two apartments which were very nice.
Stacy,we decided, at this point in time, to wait a while for our research.I don't think we are ready for that type of living yet.We do intend to look at the new one being built on Hypoluxo rd. and see what that has to offer.You have been most helpful and most informative with this search.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy,healthy New Year.Fondly, [Removed]

Friendly Tour

I have a lovely tour of this community. I wanted a place where I can still have some of my privacy, but I have access to help if I needed it. The tour guide was very informative and helpful. All my questions were answered. This community has friendly atmosphere. They treated me very well, it was a pleasant experience.

We Are Happy With Her Comfort

My mom is starting to get comfortable with her environment and doing as best as she can. The meals are pretty good and she enjoys it. In the beginning she did not participate but tomorrow she is going out to dinner and Wal-Mart. We are happy with this.

Anything You Want Is Here

I love it here. My room is big and large, which get housekeeping to clean it, wash my laundry, make my bed, and clean my bathroom. They have a mini bus to take you to Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, doctor appointments, bank, etc. It is kept so clean and the grounds are maintained. The maintenance is so helpful and prompt, they come within an hour. The meals are wonderful. Not bland, not too much season, and fish is served often. They can bring meals to my room if needed and that is brought within an hour. They have doctor and nurse they look at you if you do not feel well. Everyone is a pleasure to be around. I feel like there is finally somebody here to take care of you. I am happy and my children are happy we found this place.

Nice Tour, But Not a Good Location For Us

This is a lovely community, and my tour was nice. It is a nice looking community. Everything appeared to well-kept. The staff was friendly and nice. My questions were answered, they were informative. The location of the community wasn't convenient for our family. Overall it was a good tour, this is a nice community.

happy resident!

My mother finally moved into atria after looking somewhere else and deciding against the place and after much trepidation. After about 3 weeks, she is still thrilled with her choice and could not be happier. The staff is amazing. I feel very comfortable having her live there where she is always taken care of, can get a meal delivered to her room when she does not feel like going to the dining hall, and can see a doctor regularly without driving somewhere. I finally have peace of mind.

A nice place to look into!

I enjoyed my tour of this community. The lady that took me on my tour was amazing. The community was clean and beautiful. They had a lot of activities to offer. They offer a lovely pool and nice dining room.

Review of Atria Meridian - Lantana, FL

This is our first choice if we can get in on their current promotion. Mom can age in place without having to change apartments

Hosuekeeping not so good

My mother has been living at the Atria for about three years now. She likes it and has been very happy there. The staff is very friendly and caring. The facility has a homey atmosphere and there are lots of activities for the residents to do. My major concern is with housekeeping. I feel they do not do enough in cleaning the residents apartments. When I go the visit with my mother, I spend most of my time cleaning a dirty apartment. The bathtub has mold, kitchen sink has scum, carpets need vacuuming, and who even knows when anyone has dusted the furniture. I should not have to spend my time cleaning when I go to visit her. Mom has said they don't have much time to clean. Well, something is wrong with that, I say. So if you decide to put your loved one here, just know you will need to apply some elbow grease.

Katy Miller

Hi, Mr. Stevens. I’m sorry to learn about your concerns. I have shared your comments with our leadership team, but if you would like to tell me more, please feel free to reach me any time at [removed].

We were impressed with the facilities and are seriously considering for mom.

Paid another visit on 9/26. Still a very possible consideration for mom

Dirty Cheap Motel

This place is no short of a cheap motel. They charge way to much for the that hole in the wall. Went for a tour and the whole time we could hear residents complaining about something or another. Dirty rugs, smells of urine and the sales people were lacking on information. If you have an aide for your parent, they are not allowed in dining area, no one is allowed on cell phone during meals and many other restrictions making it more like a jail than a home to put your mom or dad. Worse place ever!!!!!!

Katy Miller

Your comments about your visit are concerning to us and we’d like to discuss it with you further. Please reach us at [removed].

Tremendous value

Although I have only had my mother in their facility for just two weeks, we are delighted we made this selection. First off the staff is super in attitude and sincere in their interactions. This includes nurses, waitstaff, and maintenance people. I have worked in the hospitality business for over 35 years and this staff is as well trained and in many respects superior to a Ritz-Carlton facility, They anticipate needs, are patient with their resident interactions, have a terrific sense of urgency and are resourceful and caring. You could spend more for a facility or possibly less, but you would get a tremendous value if you chose this one. The food is good and this facility mimics a cruise ship in open seating and all day dining.

home like atmosphere

Atria Meridian is a very comfortable size. It is so inviting there. The facility has an extremely home like atmosphere. It is always clean. It is so easy to get around there. The staff is very accommodating and so knowledgeable.

Nice place, overall

I think Atria Meridian is a very good place for those not needing much in terms of assistance. The facility itself is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and professional, and they do a great job with the food! For those needing a bit more assistance they do have a home care company that they contract with.

Mixed experience

In general I think they do a good job at Atria Meridian. The orientation people were fantastic, and very informative. The facility is clean and well kept, and they've got a great variety of activities and events to keep the residents active and entertained.
However, there were a few things about the experience that I thought could use some work. I didn't feel like during the sales process they gave me adequate information about the types of rooms and pricing that were available. Now that my loved one has moved in I've had the opportunity to see a few more of the floor plans and there are some that I think might have worked out better than the one we ended up choosing. The move-in process was also a little stressful, there were a few maintenance issues with her room that did not get fixed until the last minute, and only after I really stayed on top of them to do so.
But overall I think they do a good job here, Mom is happy and seems much better off in this environment.

Kate Vance

We're honored to have your mom living with us at Atria Meridian and we appreciate you sharing your feedback. Input from families helps us to continue to improve the services we provide, so if you're comfortable sharing more about your move-in experience, we'd like to connect with you at [removed].

Not Happy With This Place

My father was living their but had to move him to a different facility. They had him in the independent part of the place where he should have been in the assisted living. Then they said I could get him extra tv channels for a little extra money because my father loves to watch tv and it was a lie. Then I decided to take him out of the Atria Meridian Place and they wanted a 30 day written notice or had to pay an extra so I ended up paying another rent for no reason so still trying to work that out.

Kate Vance

We’re sorry to hear that Atria Meridian was not a perfect fit for your father . Your feedback is very valuable to us, so if you’re comfortable sharing more about your experience, please reach out to us at [removed].

They did a good job.

They did a good job. During the last week or so they recommended that we get some extra help, and that was the best thing we could have done. The one disappointment was when we initially got there, I had asked for some accommodations with the sink, the maintenance guy indicated that he would take care of it, and they never did. Aside from that everyone we dealt with from the very beginning were very friendly, Danielle, and Erica and their staff did a super job.

It felt like you were at home and not a nursing home.

I thought that the people were friendly. The residents were friendly and they looked fairly happy. The staff were also nice and seemed like they actually cared and weren't just doing it because I was there. The lady that took me on the tour was very knowledgeable and answered all the questions that I had. The rooms were nice there. The eating facility was excellent. There were places to go outside . It was very homely in the good sense. It felt like you were at home and not a nursing home. Compared to other places that I looked at for his mother he likes this one.

If Mom is happy & safe....I'm happy!

My Mom was in another place prior to coming to Atria Meridian......she was very unhappy with the people, the food, the services she is so much happier in Meridian. I feel so much better knowing that she is safe & comfortable when I can not get there.

Fantastic, caring place, feels like family

They are fabulous.

There are a great many activities, but though they try hard to get her to, my aunt doesn't participate.

Everyone there makes you feel like you're family. That was one of the things I really liked for Atria Meridian, and why I thought it would be the right place for my aunt, because she is alone. I can't often get down there to visit. her. Just knowing that she is being taken care of like a family makes me feel really comfortable.

They call me with any updates, and I know that I can call them any time I want as well.

It's one of the best facilities I've toured. I am so delighted that God led me there for my aunt's home.
It's a beautiful, loving, caring atmosphere there.

Very Pleased

I cannot say enough good things about Atria Meridian. The staff have been very helpful and friendly. My Aunt is completely safe and happy. Their dining is unequal to any that I have researched for my Aunt. I am very please that God brought us to Atria Meridian.

It's a wonderful facility. The food is good.

It's a wonderful facility. The food is good. The maintenance guy is right there to help. The mail system sometime gets mixed up, if they could sort the mail better that would be the only thing I can think of that could be done better. It's phenomenal!

Atria Meridan

For the short time I have been living there, I find the staff very caring, they tend to your every need. I a am glad that I choose Atria Meridian .

This is a definite NO. This...

This is a definite NO. This is a beautiful facility. Very friendly, the residence seem very happy. Very clean, no smell, the rooms are wonderful. However it is very expensive and they have nothing available within our price range.

Can't Handle Wandering

We were all set to move in when my friend broke her hip and had to go to rehab. While at rehab, she had an instance where she tried to wander, and Atria couldn't handle wandering behavior. We had to choose another community.

LaDawn K.

We are so glad that you considered our community as an option, and I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your friend. Although we do not offer a memory care neighborhood, we do have a sister community about 30 miles north in Jupiter that offers assisted living and memory care (Atria at St. Joseph’s). If we can help in the future, please let us know. We can be reached at [removed] or [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

I had a tour of Atria Merid...

I had a tour of Atria Meridan and I liked it very much . Wesley is great. I went 2 times to bring my daughters.

we did not like this facility

we did not like this facility

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear that your visit resulted in a negative experience. We would welcome any feedback you can provide on specific things about our community that you did not like. Please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line if you are willing to provide more information.

Nice, but very confusing on...

Nice, but very confusing on getting around the insides of the building.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your feedback about our community. I would like to address your concern about the layout of our building. An initial visit could be confusing until you become accustomed to the various areas, but rest assured that residents don't generally have difficulty getting to and from their destinations. They tend to use a specific path to each of their activities and meals during the day and they become familiar with them quickly. We also have resident ambassadors available to help new residents find their way around, and residents can always press their Life Alert button to ask for assistance if they become disoriented. Thanks to your review, we are currently discussing the use of additional signs or maps which may help visitors and new residents as they are navigating our building. While we are happy to offer an interesting layout, we definitely want to help our residents feel at home in their new setting. If we can answer any questions, please email us at [removed] and be sure to include the community name in your subject line.

Of the places we saw this was the bes...

Of the places we saw this was the best fit so far. Liked that it was a full serve dining room open all day.

Unable to visit, but they are contact...

Unable to visit, but they are contacting my Grandmother on Monday. This would be the perfect choice if she decides to stay in Florida!

Atria Meridian is a warm, welcoming independent and assisted living community in South Florida near Miami, where seniors are given all the support they need to enjoy an independent lifestyle. Experience three beautiful courtyards, a shuffleboard court, a peaceful fountain, walking paths, and beautiful tropical foliage and flowers. Or, relax in the heated pool and hot tub. Atria Meridian is just a short distance away from fine dining and theater in downtown West Palm Beach, Florida. Atria Senior Living provides outstanding comfort and care that make our senior living communities highly sought after as a top choice for retirement living. Atria Meridian can help and is ready to serve your needs.