Atria Daly City - Daly City, CA

clean expensive good people raised rate after only 6 months

Very caring staff

Atria was not the largest facility however it was the perfect size for mom. She was only there 2 months before she passed but the caregivers there made her last days comfortable. They were so considerate and comforting knowing she was so ill and was dying. Everyone went above and beyond my expectations. I would definitely recommend them to others.

We enjoyed the tour very much. [name removed] was very informative about the community. The facility was nothing like what my mother had imagined. Thank you for helping us learn about our options.

This is a very good home with very nice staff and the residents looked happy. The dining room is bright and inviting, and leads to a nice outdoor area for sunning and eating. The rooms are private but a little small.

Best Place to live life!

When I first arrive the place was so clean and well maintained I feel in love. I came for my mother in law and decided that this was the place for me. I would recommend this place to anyone and give them a 5 in all areas. Staff is very friendly, residents all smile so this is a high plus. Rinaly tops could find anyone besides his assistant more interested in their job and people. Love Atria!!

Lovely Place

When we toured this community we liked them a lot. The property was lovely the landscaping was very well maintained and inside was clean and didn't have that sterile smell to it. The staff was nice and informative. The only thing I didn't like was the resident apartments were on the smaller size and I didn't think that was going to work for my dad.

Mom's New Home

When you begin your search, you really want the environment to embrace your parent. Atria did just that. We let Mom decide and her input was first and foremost. The first thing she noticed was that the Staff was pleasant and that the new environment was safe and clean. The activities were also a tremendous pull for her as she had lost that when she was in her previous rental. The final room she chose fit her new life and she has made it her own. Its hard after 62 years of having Dad make the tough decisions to step up and make all the decisions. Atria is just the right size and we know as a family that we made a great next move for our Mom. Thank you Atria Daly City!

The place felt a little out dated!!

I have no big complaints about my tour of this community everyone was friendly and very welcoming to my family and I. I did feel that the building felt a little too outdated for my liking and I did not like the fact that there was shared bathrooms. She would defiantly like the privacy of having her own bathroom in her own room. It was just not the right fit for her to live in.

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community - did you know we have multiple apartment floor plans with their own bathrooms? If you'd like to see them, we welcome you back any time. We also invite you to visit some of our nearby sister communities. Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.

Did not feel comfortable during my tour!!

I did not feel very comfortable or get very many good vibes from my tour of this community. This place was way to small for all the residents they had currently living there and felt very cramped. There was also nothing that really stood out as far as amenities and features go. It was an older building with a hotel feel to it. It was just not the right fit for my mother.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community, where we offer restaurant style-dining, daily fitness and over 200 events each month. We welcome you back any time and also invite you to visit one of our nearby, sister communities which have different layouts that may be a better fit for your mother.

I Feel Better With Mom Here

My mom is doing great, she is in a much better environment. She has wide variety of meal options and eats in restaurant style dining room. She enjoys exercises, activities, and weekly tour outings. The staff and residents are good nice people. The facility is pretty, nice and clean. They even help assist with rides to the doctors, only on Tuesday but it is so helpful. I would recommend to anybody!

I have already recommended this community!!!

The staff at Atria Daly City is incredibly helpful and great. My dad likes the food and there is a variety of choices. I would recommend this community. They keep the community clean and well maintained. The only thing I might say is that they may need more help with integrating the seniors into the community. Debra from A Place for Mom was fantastic.

Good commnunity. Residents seem happy and well cared for.

Wonderful Community

Things have been wonderful for my mother since her move into Atria. She is doing well and I am happy with the choice to move her here. The community is great and looks amazing, it is always clean and neat. The staff is wonderful and very attentive and kind to my mother. The food is great and taste very good. She has made some new friends with the other residents. They really made the move in process easy for us and I would absolutely recommend this community.

I'm hoping she'll be able to stay!

Mom loves it there at Atria Dally City and I do too. The staff are always nice and friendly and keep the place very clean. Mom really likes the food and is participating in many of the activities they have for the residents. I am hoping all things work out so that Mom can stay where she is.

mediocre, were not prepared for the visit, facility is under construction

Katy Miller

Thanks for visiting our community. We constantly strive to enhance the service we provide which sometimes includes updating our building. We invite you to visit us upon completion and share more with us at [removed].

Food Is Good

I think the food service is very good. The residents there have a lot of flexibility in terms of what they eat and when they can eat. I would say the activities are very good, they could just do a little better in terms of motivating the residents to participate.

They Did A Good Job

They took my client who had surgery and was in recovery and they were able to take care of him with his rehabilitation. They did a good job with meals and being attentive and everything. The only thing he complained about was the cleanliness, because some of the other residents were incontinent, so I don't know how they dealt with that.

Some Improvements

I think they can improve on the care experience for my mother, which is why I said three for the Value. My mother needs quite a bit of care, so the rent is a very reasonable price, but the charge for the care is astronomical. I'm basing that on the fact that we had private care before she was moved to Atria and she got much better care from the women we hired than when she got there. She wasn't even there for very long.

Comfortable and friendly. Food was fine but varied.

very caring

The people at Atria Daly City have been very caring of my sister. The staff are all very nice and very concerned for her well being. They really do their best to make the residents feel welcome. They are meeting all of our needs.

good overall, but...

Our experience with Atria was pretty good overall, except that they did not seem to have the personnel needed to deliver the level of service they said that they were going to provide. They were very good people, but we did not receive the level of care that we thought we would.

They are a good place for someone who is independent, but not sure for someone who needs one on one care. I just think they need more staff for one on one care.

Kate Vance

Thanks for taking the time to review Atria Daly City. We appreciate feedback from all of our residents and their family members, as it helps us continue to enhance our community and the service we provide. If you would like to further discuss your valuable input, we welcome you to connect with us at [removed].

It was kind of like a cruise ship

We toured here when we were looking. I really liked it, and had they offered the level of care we were looking for, we probably would have chosen it. It was kind of like a cruise ship, and was just a little too big for my loved one. I did like all of the activities and social stimulation that they offered.

We used Atria Daly City for respite c...

We used Atria Daly City for respite care for only ten days. The experience was great! They were very accommodating. Prices were reasonable. They have nurse aides to assist with personal care. They administer medications as needed. My mom loved the food. Just a great place overall. This place will accept people right away, no waiting period like others.

Review of Atria Daly City Assisted Living in Daly City, CA

per my daughter: Leslie toured the Atria Daly City. She said the building was a bit older but very well taken care of. She is viewing the places and community and people she says looking with my eyes. Shes checking the residents in a way to see if there was anyone residing there I may enjoy spending time. She said there was specifically a group of three women, possibly in their early seventies, animated, laughing and talking. They were nicely dressed and had their makeup applied. She did remark that this facility being in the city did not have many nice outdoor areas, few trees and grass. I will most likely have my dog and would want something not so urban, yet with many amenities nearby. She could only view a studio and she remarked that they were fairly large but agrees that I would prefer a one bedroom. Leslie also commented that Daly City was in the fog belt and could get quite cool and wet at different times during the year. This has me very concerned since my back problems are much worse with more pain on rainy days. She suggest I check out Walnut Creek which is not too far from the city but may have a better climate for me.

They are clean and friendly but can be a little slow with response to alert buttons.

They are very clean, and they have been friendly that I have observed. They also do a very good job with activities. They are a little slow to respond to an alert button from time to time. They are pretty good about responding to my requests. They do an assessment before they are admitted and then again in 30 days, and I would like that to be more of an ongoing discussion, rather than waiting a couple of weeks, as it seems things can change quickly.

Kate Vance

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with our community. It seems that you are happy overall but perhaps desire more communication in regards to your family members level of care needed. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors but we encourage you to reach out via [removed] to discuss your situation in further detail so we may come to a mutual resolution; and if you include “Atria Daly City” in your subject like, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help.

End of first week at Atria Daly City

My brother-in-law has lived at Atria Daly City for just a bit over a week, so he is still in transition. It has been difficult for him in several ways, some of which have nothing to do with the facility.

In once incidence however, it seems a staff member was not very friendly, requesting that he leave a space that was designated for a game, because he was visiting with a guest in that space. He also has been told he cannot sit in certain places in the dining room by residents, as they appear very territorial.

It seems a friendlier, more inclusive environment might be more welcoming for new residents.

Kate Vance

Thank you for letting us know how it’s going for your brother-in-law while he is adjusting to life at our community. Please extend my apologies for any unfriendliness he perceived from the staff and I will pass along your comments to the appropriate directors to make sure he feels welcomed and at home. We truly appreciate your feedback and encourage you to reach out with any other concerns you may have at [removed]. Please include “Atria Daly City” in your subject line.

Falling Apart

They had an experienced and professional director that was keeping everything running smoothly, however, ever since she left things have fallen apart. My loved one had some untreated lesions, things were being stolen, and the staff were not doing that well, and they were cleaning house firing everyone. They were too expensive and had a high level of employee turnover. Residents were leaving left and right. My loved one was sick because of their actions. He was paying for them to give him a bath - but how can you give someone a bath and not notice a lesion on them? We got out of there and we're glad we did.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear about your family’s experience at our community, and we appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We want to ensure that all of our residents are provided with the highest level of respect and quality of care. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail in order to better understand the situation. Please feel free to email us directly at [removed] and please include the community name and the specifics of your review.

Lots of Interaction

This place wouldn't have been right for my sister-in-law. I think that aesthetically it wasn't right. I had the feeling people were much more in the hallways and interacting a lot and she kind of likes to be left alone so I didn't think that was the right environment for her.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that our location was not a good fit for your sister-in-law when you last visited. We do have many engaging events and activities that our residents can attend, but we also respect our residents’ desire for privacy and personal time to themselves. Please feel free to visit us again any time. If we can ever answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

I met with Emily who toured...

I met with Emily who toured me thru the facility. This facility is dated, but okay. I mentioned a few things that could be done inexpensively that I think would make the rooms more attractive. Emily said how there is an effort to bring residents into the Atria 'family' and this facility seems to provide the most resident services for the lowest cost, such as actually escorting her to the doctor's office. The staff also monitors the residents many times during the day and have a nurse available in evenings whereas other facility only have LRV on duty. It is very cost-effective which is important. I think this would be the facility my Mom will likely select based upon cost considerations. I would select a courtyard room for her.

Concerned with recent staff turnover

We like the price, the location and the care seems adequate. What we don't like about it is in the past few weeks some of the staff members are not longer working there. We don't know if they've been fired or quit but it's stiking how many of the people that we had relationships with are no longer there. The Executive Director, Medical Director and primary salesman left. My wife had a very good working relationship with the Medical Director and now that she is go we're concerned.

I'm satisfied with Atria. I wouldn't discourage someone from moving in there because overall it's been a good experience. We like the facility but we are concerned with the personnel tunover.

LaDawn K.

I’m very happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the care we provide to our residents. I understand your concern with staff turnover and I want to assure you that our community strives to provide the best quality services to those who choose our community as their home. I apologize for any confusion resulting from staff transition to other positions. We are completely committed to building positive relationships with our residents and their families and we are always happy to discuss your concerns at any time. Please contact us by calling our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] so that we can discuss this issue further (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Good Value and Care

The care services are great. I think they're pretty professional and really helpful. They're taking good care of my aunt. There are certain food that she doesn't like but you can choose to get the meal or get something else so that's good. Whatever you want to eat, you can get it.

There are activites available but my aunt is kind of a loner. There are times when she will sit in and listen to someone play piano so that's good. I would recommend it. I think it's a good value for what you pay.

Liked the Director and found the popu...

Liked the Director and found the population looked rather vibrant. The facility however was a [removed] very old, tired, looked messy, smelled disinfectant. Doors are hollow core, rooms are loud, small and just not acceptable.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you found our staff and residents to be pleasant the last time you visited our community. I apologize for your experience with our building, and I encourage you to come back for another visit so we can show you the improvements we have made since then. We are always striving to provide a welcoming atmosphere for our residents and visitors, and we appreciate any feedback we receive. If we can ever be of assistance to you, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. And please feel free to drop by anytime!

Felt very welcomed - friendly atmosph...

Felt very welcomed - friendly atmosphere. Staff all greeted us.

bathroom entrance would be a problem,...

bathroom entrance would be a problem, seems small. They were pushing for a monday move in???? the sales push put me off a bit, but they generously offered to buy out his current 30 day notice...

Mom did a trial here and thought the ...

Mom did a trial here and thought the place was just ok. The people are nice, the rooms are small, and the food is mediocre. If they would take her with wounds, I we would be willing to move her back in.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review regarding your mother’s retreat stay with us previously. I wanted to let you know that we take our customer satisfaction surveys very seriously and continue to update our dining options based on feedback from our residents and family members. We would love for you to visit us again soon. Please let us know if we can answer any questions. We can always be reached directly by calling our community or via email at [removed] (be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line).

This place seems really great. It can...

This place seems really great. It can provide all the care we need, for a price we can afford. The staff is friendly, and then residents seem to have a lot of freedom. At our visit Teresa agreed to move into Atria on a month to month basis. She will be going there on March 12th with a few belongings. If after a month she agrees to stay, we will move more of her furnishings in.

excellent

excellent

Retirement community. Good for when ...

Retirement community. Good for when increased amount of care is needed.

A great place,she would love it and t...

A great place,she would love it and they would love her, but too expensive for us.

At Atria Daly City, you’ll find a serene and welcoming senior community with all the comforts of home. Residents enjoy a diverse social calendar with an extensive continued learning program. Surrounded by beautiful wooded walkways, Atria Daly City provides views of the courtyard or of the bay.

License #415600191

Residents of Atria Daly City have a wealth of activities and opportunities waiting just outside the door. Sports, hiking, shopping, wine-tasting, theater, concerts, you name it. If it's not right here in Daly City, it's in San Francisco, San Jose, along the coast, or up in wine country. All are a short drive or train trip away.

City Info

Daly City is the largest municipality in San Mateo County. At the time of the last census, 108,383 individuals called Daly City home; 78% of the population is over the age 18, 12% are of retirement age, and the median age is 35. The relatively young population can be explained by the fact that six colleges are located within a 10-mile radius, and another 12 within a 50-mile radius, not to mention the vast number of start-ups that offer job opportunities in nearby Silicon Valley to the south and San Francisco to the north. Seniors coming to the region can choose to live in one of the existing Daly City senior communities, ranging from independent living to assisted living, and skilled nursing homes.

The nearby San Francisco Bay contributes to comfortable temperatures, with November through April temperatures ranging from lows in the mid-40s to highs in the upper 50s and things warming up a bit in May through October with overnight lows dipping into the in the mid-50s and rising to the mid-70s in the afternoon. These, however, are averages, so an occasional 90-degree summer afternoon should not be ruled out.

As for rainfall, like the rest of California, summers are dry. The rainy season extends from January through May, and while sunny days still abound, monthly rain accumulations average slightly over four inches.

Daly City enjoys the title ""Gateway to The Peninsula"", but it could also be called the Gateway to the Bay Area.

- San Francisco and its museums, restaurants, and shopping are 6 miles to the north.
- San Jose, 47 miles to the south, offers world-class concerts, hockey games. Whale watching ships set sail from Half Moon Bay 22 miles due west.
- San Francisco International Airport, located 9 miles away, a six-minute ride if the traffic gods are smiling, makes it convenient for visiting family members and friends since virtually every air carriers there are flies into SFO

Transportation

Daly City is ideally located for driving. Two major highways, US highway 101 and Interstate 280, run north and south through the city, both of which suffer congestion during rush hours. Unlike many California cities, it also offers convenient public transportation.

- Trains: Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) provides access to San Francisco, Oakland and the rest of the East Bay, and San Francisco Airport
- Buses: San Mateo Transit (Sam Trans ) offers bus service throughout San Mateo County and up to San Francisco and down to Palo Alto.
- Light Rail: San Francisco Municipal Railway (MUNI) takes riders to northern areas of the county and up to San Francisco.

Health and Safety

Crime Statistics:
Daly City offers a relatively safe standard of living, although, like other cities in the Bay Area, crimes do occur. However, in all categories, Daly City average rates in 2016 were lower than the country as a whole.
- Violent crimes: Daly City 125 cases per 100,000 persons, versus nationwide cases of 216 per 100,000 persons
- Property Crimes: Daly City 131.7 instances per 100,000, versus nationwide 216.6 per 100,000

Healthcare:
Daly City is home to two major medical facilities
- Seton Medical Center is a 357-bed acute care hospital. Due to its reputation as a leading medical facility, a number of clinics and laboratories are located close by.
- Kaiser Permanente has recently constructed a new medical building just off of I-280, offering 130,000 square feet housing clinics and medical offices.

Sports and Leisure

Daly City offers an impressive choice of recreational activities including

- San Bruno Mountain with 2,063 acres of diverse parklands
- Lake Merced Golf and Country Club
- San Francisco Golf Club
- Daly City Parks and Recreation Department's over 2000 classes including quilting and ballroom dancing
- Pacifica Archery
- Marvista Riding Stables
- Classic Bowling Center

Shopping and Entertainment

Daly City's proximity to San Francisco means there are myriad choices to shop and take in plays and movies in the city, but as is the modern suburban trend, Daly City's shopping centers also provide both.

Shopping Centers:
- Pacific Plaza, a mixed-use development offers 23,000 square feet of retail stores and restaurants plus a 20-screen cinema complex.
- Westlake Shopping Center, newly renovated and redesigned, includes a newly created pedestrian mall.
- Serramonte Mall, also having undergone a major facelift, offers big-name anchor stores and a variety of eateries
- Skyline, King, and St Francis Square Shopping Centers, three neighborhood shopping centers, regional attractions catering to the city's large Asian population.
- Daly City Farmers Market

Entertainment Venues:
- Shoreline Amphitheater , in Mountain View to the south, is an outdoor venue for summer concerts featuring major musical headliners. It offers both reserved seating and general lawn admission.
- The Cow Palace , a venerable indoor arena in which to enjoy live events, shows, and concerts
- Pacifica Spendrift Players, offering high-quality stage productions.

Religious Facilities

Since the San Francisco Bay Area is home to such a wide variety of people from all over the world, the neighboring has numerous synagogues, churches, temples, and mosques. However, seven houses of worship call Daly City home.

- Holy Child and St Martin Episcopal Church