Arden Courts - Arlington, TX

Legacy Living at Arlington is good but it is 30 minutes from my house. I don't think that I would go and see my loved one very often if we put her in Legacy.

Mother's home away from home...

My mother started showing signs of dementia when she turned 80. After my father passed she decided to try living alone, and that lasted about 5 months; we all knew it wouldn't be possible. So, my sister and I decided that since I was retired she would live with my husband and I. My mother was a wonderful person and I loved her dearly, but after two years I realized that I needed a plan B; it just wasn't working out the way either one of us thought it would with her living with me.
I looked at several places, including nursing homes, and I just couldn't imagine my mom wanting to live in one. Mother told us for years that if one day she had to go somewhere, she wanted to be with people that had the same problems she had. As soon as I found (Arden Courts/Legacy Living), I knew it would be exactly what she needed. Everyone was friendly and it was only 15 minutes away from my home. When I took the tour, I realized I didn't have to worry about anything and that mother would love her new home.
Mother lived at Arden Courts/Legacy Living for over 2 1/2 years and not once did she ever ask me to take her home. She had friends, and was treated very well. They have nurses on duty 7 days a week and everyone treated her as if she was a part of their family. She had her own room that I decorated like she wanted and I was able to visit her any day/any time I wanted. Oftentimes when I would visit, she would be with friends and tell me she was busy and I needed to come back later.

My loved one was here for a brief time. Fair experience. I wouldn't recommend this facility.

We are pretty happy with them, and it's working out well so far.

It's fine, so far. We have no major complaints at this point. She likes the food. It's clean, everyone is very friendly, very sweet to the residents. There haven't been any issues with laundry or anything really that I can think of. We are pretty happy with them, and it's working out well so far.

They have been fantastic.

They have been fantastic. I would definitely give them a five star rating. They have all the basics of course, it's clean and the staff is fantastic. I have been very happy with them! I can't say enough good things.

extremely friendly, extremely clean and beautiful

The staff at Arden Courts of Arlington is extremely friendly. The place is extremely clean and beautiful.

I do think that they could give a little more personal attention to the residents. I think it is a perfect place for those who are independent, but my mom is pretty immobile and needs more 1x1 care and people checking up on her regularly and asking about specific needs. The billing also is a little touch and go when you get started...

Not all good or all bad.

Well I waited a while here because I didn't want anger to slant my review. There are some very sweet caregivers here, one of the sweetest persons I've ever met is a caregiver here. Still that doesn't change the overall issues. My loved one was in daystay. he constantly would not get changed, about 80% I had to ask him be changed at the end of the day, when he hadn't been all day long. Every once in a while I would show up and nobody had any idea where he was, this happened at least a dozen times over a couple of years. One hot afternoon in the summer of 2011, when it was terrible hot he was just wandering outside unsupervised and he was very hot. That was one of those days.
I hate giving this review because before an overhaul of the organization, they were loving and great, the staff was kind, the managment very kind. Then there was a big shakup and everybodies countanance changed. Hopefully it is now back to being what it once had been. I cannot give this facility a good review, because they were not honest or forthright. Every facility will have bad days. Dishonesty however, is unacceptable.

New to the place but wonderful so far!

We just moved my dad there. He is in the wandering stage and was constantly either going outside or wanting to go outside at the place he was living. It was not a secure facility and thus not safe for him. In Arden Courts we found a great and safe place for him. They have a huge secured outdoor area he can use to his hearts content. The staff are wonderful and greeted my dad like he was family. He loved it!

Haven't Heard Any Complaints!

They're a really good choice! I was actually surprised! I thought this would be like a nursing home, but it is nothing like that!!

The place is very clean, and there is plenty of staff! I go out there several times a week, and it's a really nice place. The activities are great! They go around and invite the residents when things are happening. They have family night once a week. They play the silliest games, and do exercises! They also are active in the community and are working on fundraisers!

My mom has never once asked to come back home, so other than the laundry getting mixed up occasionally, I'm really happy with it!

WORST PLACE EVER !!!!!! /

This place smell's like urine all the time . the workers act like they are caring but once you leave they don't give a heck about you mother/father . they called us one day saying that our dad fell and hurt his shoulder, BS .He had a broken color bone. they said he jumped on some big guys back and fell backwards on his shoulder, then we left him another time over a weekend and when we came back he was still in the same clothes that we left him in and was ruined on and smelly. Today they lost him... my wife went to pick him up and he was not their. they did not know were he was. they did not bother getting up until my wife started yelling at them that they better get the but up and start looking. 45 min later they found in a room in a bed laying down. IF YOU LOVE YOUR PATRENT DO NOT!!!!! PLACE THEM HERE.....

Our accommodations and amenities are custom designed to keep your loved one in good spirits. Our residents get exercise, fresh air, and can catch up with family in the great outdoors with a safe, scenic quarter of a mile walking path around the entire building.We have 1 building with 4 “cottages,” which have all private rooms. Our residents talk, laugh, and bond in small, intimate living-room areas and family-style dining rooms. We know that our residents do best in home-like settings with as much one-on-one attention and social interaction as possible. And that’s what we provide.