The Village at Hayes Valley - San Francisco, CA

Specialized Memory Care for individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and memory loss issues. Respite Care available. Our community creates a customized service and assistance plan for each resident with a variety of therapies and life enrichment activities. Complimentary scheduled transportation, medication management, daily housekeeping and more! By embracing the latest research available we have developed the best possible care solutions available. Ask about our life enriching exercise and fitness programs. Complimentary scheduled transportation, medication management, daily housekeeping and more! Personalized tours daily! Please call ahead to reserve your time.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE
OTHER SERVICES
• Respite Offered
• Property Convenient to Busline
NO SMOKING

This home is in the heart of Hayes Valley. Rooms are shared as are the bathrooms. It's got a great sun room but felt the overall conditions needed attention.

This home is in the heart of Hayes Valley. Rooms are shared as are the bathrooms. It's got a great sun room but felt the overall conditions need attention.

“I would like more care partners to help get up in the mornings, to help go to bathroom etc. The food is alright. Lately, I haven’t been seeing any housekeeping to maintain the place. They used to come and clean more often”. “This place is definitely short of staff. They need more people working here”

Pacifica Senior Living

Here at The Village at Hayes Valley, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager [removed] to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.

“I love living here and I somewhat like the food being served here. I don’t like the care staff here. Wish they had more empathy. I appreciate the morning exercise sessions we have here. I like the cleanliness of this place”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 4 star review, we appreciate it! We always strive to provide top quality service to everyone, and we regret to hear that you do not care for the staff. We do hope we can be of assistance in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

“I don’t like the fact that you can’t go out of this place anywhere without a company. I had like to go on walks alone sometimes. Overall, the care and food here is good”. “I had actually like more leafy vegetables in the food here. Pasta all the time isn’t good for me”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Please reach out to us at [removed] so we may assist you in moving forward towards a resolution.

“I like living here. I love the food here. I like [Removed]. I also like doing the activities. Morning exercises. I like going on outings”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope you have a wonderful day!

I like the outings. I love the lakes, eating outside in the sun. I like seeing other people outside. The food here is fresh and healthy. I like to stay fit and active”.

“ I don’t like the fact that I am on [Removed] here. Feels like I have no freedom to do anything, to go anywhere here and this affects my health and well -being in general”.
“The food here is pretty good. The chef does a good job”.
“Oh, and I really enjoy the outings, wish we had more of those”. [Removed]

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, we regret your most recent meal with us was not up to the standards we strive for. We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at The Village at Hayes Valley, but will take this opportunity to improve.

“ The food’s been pretty delicious. I love the afternoon snacks. I enjoy the activities in the afternoon. Listening to live music is my favorite” – [Removed].

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 5 star review, we appreciate it! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by.

“This place is alright, I don’t know much about it. I like the hallway area. I like holding on to things” – [Removed].
I don’t know the people here too well, but they are okay I guess. I haven’t had any problems with them”

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience with us. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at [removed] so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around.
The Village at Hayes Valley

“I like my room and my roommate, [Removed]. She is very nice and friendly. I don’t know too much about this place, but I do like the lighting here and it’s usually pretty clean. Food is alright. Wish we had more options to choose from”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 5 star review, we appreciate it! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying yourself and your roommate. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

“I think it’s quite a nice place to live at. Everyone’s pretty sweet”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & love to hear reviews like this! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to reach out!

“I like and respect the care staff especially [Removed]. He has always been helpful and kind to me. I also enjoy the food here. It’s also nice and clean here. I like my room”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 4 star review, we appreciate it! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

“I don’t care too much about my room. It’s not as cozy as I’d like it to be. I do very much like the cooking classes we have here. Last week I had crepes with banana & Nutella and thought it was delicious”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you so much for the positive 4 star review, we appreciate it and your feedback. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

“ I wish somebody would come by and give me a haircut and not charge me $50 for it I also keep bossing things here, wish that wasn’t the case. Everything else is fine”.

Pacifica Senior Living

We would like the opportunity to find out how we can better assist you in the future. If you are willing, please contact us [removed].

“The care staff is alright. I wish they were more reliable and timely. It takes long for me to get much help around here. They also can be bothersome at times. The maintenance people haven’t fixed my bed yet, it’s still a little unstable”.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & we will let them know to come and fix your bed today! Please reach out to us at [removed] to make that appointment.

“I like doing the morning exercise here. They brighten my day, makes me feel good. I like making cookies with activities director. The place is alright.”

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at The Village at Hayes Valley. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Some of the staff try hard to do their best with what they have and the other staff worry more about eating free food here and sitting on their [Removed]. The have a cockroach problem here that is not being addressed. I do like the activities here, [Removed] does try to bring us together and be included.

Pacifica Senior Living

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

The lady that toured us was wonderful!!

The lady that took my mother and I on a tour at this community was great. She was courteous of our time and made sure to give us all the great information about there facility. I loved all the personality that was in the building and all of the positive attitudes I had seen. The only thing I did not like was it felt a little to institutionalized for my liking and the rooms where very tiny.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents!
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

The sugar coating looked good, in reality??

We chose Age Song for my parent about 10 months ago. It was very good in the beginning and the care givers are nice and caring. Somehow, as time passed, we noticed that there is a constant shortage of staff. We are at Age Song almost daily and we are able to really perceive the problems there. The care partners as the care givers are called there are over worked because of the persistent staff shortage and the acuity of the residents that needed care. We perceive burnt out and discontent among the care partners. It led us to think that there is a staff retention issue. Couple of weeks ago 2 administrative people have resigned. The agency is very top heavy - too many generals and not enough soldiers. We are looking at other facilities for my parent.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi Chloe, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. We are under new management and would like to invite you in to see all the positive changes we have implemented.

Pacifica Senior Living

It was better than a lot of the ones I saw that were similar.

It was okay, but a little depressing. It was better than a lot of the ones I saw that were similar. The set up and the residence were a little different of a set up. They only had shared rooms, and it was a little more institutional than what we were looking for. This didn't quite fit our needs.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with the previous community. We are now under new management and would like to invite you back for a personalized tour and complimentary lunch! We are certain that you will be impressed how we have changed the community for the better!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Lovely community!

The staff are very friendly at AgeSong Laguna Grove. I would say the staff is underpaid for the amount of work that they do. They are very good people. The staff are doing the best that they can. They offer activities, but there's not enough staff so they can't take everyone to the activities. The food is okay, not bad.

Age Song Hays Valley

The Care Workers or Care Partners as they call them are very caring, friendly and very nice. The food is very good and the residents are happy with the food choice. The menu changes every week and the variety is appetizing. The care partners spend time with the residents when they are not busy and thus provides stimulation for wheelchair bound and dementia residents. So far I am very happy with Age Song Hayes Valley Care and trust them to take care of my ninety five year old slightly demented mother. She seemed happy there and is smiling a lot and interacts more at Age Song than at home with 24 hour care.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 4.5 star review.

The staff is great..

My mom has FTD Dementia which is a different type of dementia than most of the residents. I just wish she had people to connect with. The staff is great. Shareece Johnson, the director has really done a good job. I'm real pleased with her. I really like her. The facility is very clean. I have visited about 5 times now and there has never been any odors. Everybody is clean. Everyone is also very friendly.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for the feedback and review. We strive for 5 star reviews and we are very disappointed to see that you only rated us 2.5 stars. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you soon so that we may better serve you and your mother.

Much Larger

They were my second choice, and I kept in touch with the community outreach person for over a year. The staff was very friendly, but the facility was much larger and felt more like an institution than where my mother is now. It was just a matter of how it felt, and I didn't want her to feel like she was in an institution.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Village at Hayes Valley!

Well Run and Organized

My sister is a resident there. I'm not in the area so it's hard for me to rate it. We chose it, so obviously we have a good opinion of it. It's clean and the food seems good. They have art classes. My sister is good at art, but doesn't go. I would like it if one of the people would just take her to the art class and see if she would do something. Half of the activities are for recovering alcoholics or drug addicts. I would recommend it just because it seems to be well run and organized.

The one thing I would like is for the people on the floor, are they caregivers or nurses? It would be nice if they could take her for walks and to the art class.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive for 5 star reviews and are disappointed to see that you gave us a low star rating. We would like to opportunity to speak with you so that we may work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at [removed] to discuss this further. Did you know that we have a Facebook page? It is a nice way for you to be able to stay in touch if you are unable to visit us at the community.

Won't work. Shared single b...

Won't work. Shared single bunk rooms - and shared bathrooms. Depressing.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving feedback. Please reach out to us at [removed] so we may identify ways to improve your experience.

May have been too loud for my mom, a ...

May have been too loud for my mom, a lot going on with the others. I know she would have attention but I think the environment may be slightly agitating. Had a great roof deck but it was empty when we were there for over an hour.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at [removed] so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around.
The Village at Hayes Valley

Same as Hayes Valley. Not sure which ...

Same as Hayes Valley. Not sure which is the new bldg. It was very nice and bright and would be my preference.

Pacifica Senior Living

Director is excellent and has been ve...

Director is excellent and has been very helpful.