Advocates for the Independent - Houston, TX

Advocates for the Independent - Houston, TX has yet not published prices.

In home Care

This is a excellent service. They were able to help me get someone when needed. The care taker does arrive on time. We like that she does help with personal care and house keeping to help. My mom is happy with the assistance and we would recommend this service and the care taker for other families needing in home assistance for a good value

Nice tour!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a clean facility with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents as well as an open floor plan. They just did not have the care my mom would have needed for her medical needs.

A good service

The caregivers that come out to the house are friendly and have gone above and beyond. They do what is asked of them and take initiative to help in anyway they are able to. When we set up the service they explained everything upfront. I would recommend this home care agency.

Friendly caregivers!

The caregivers from Advocates for the Independent were great. They were on time and very helpful. They did a good job taking care of my loved one and we really liked them while she was using them. It was a good experience.

Care at home

We have been happy with this in-home care service. The staff is always helpful when it comes to finding the right caretaker to come and help with our needs. The care takers have arrived on time. They are always helpful and very respectful. We are pleased that they are helping out as we have requested. We have recommended other families to this service for in home care.

Very Pleased With This Home Care Agency

I'am very pleased with the services this home care agency has provided. The caregiver we have is very helpful and very professional. She helps with cleaning, cooking, and some personal care. She is great, and always willing to help. We are doing very well, and I would highly recommend this home care agency.

Professional Interview

I had a good interview with this home care agency. They were very formal and professional. All my questions were answered. They were kind and very friendly.

No Complaints!

My mother has been receiving care from Advocates for the Independent and loves it. They send the same steady caregiver to her home 2 days a week. She helps her with light housekeeping, meals and any other tasks my mother may need. The caregiver is very kind and friendly. We are happy with them so far.

Always ready!

We really like the people her that come in and take care of my loved one. [Removed] is fabulous with my friend and she really likes her. They have done everything and then some to make this as easy as possible. They are always right on top of things.

Helpful Staff!!

The staff in the community is kind. My mother likes the meals that they provide for her. She participates in activities. The community is neat and organized. I am very happy that the staff has updated with me. I feel that my mother is safe here and she gets the necessary attention she needs.

Super Home Care

Everything went super well with this home care agency. I would call them again in a heartbeat. Everyone at this agency was wonderful and very kind. The care givers were amazing they helped me out with everything. I have already recommended this agency to my friends and family. They were super with everything and I was very pleased.

We had a really good experience with them.

We had a really good experience with them. They were reliable, and knowledgeable, and friendly. The billing went really smooth. This was a great solution for us, it went really well.

Efficient and hands down the best caregiver we have had for my in-laws to date.

So far, they have provided good service.

Paying attention to detail is key!

Working with Advocates hasn't been the best experience although it hasn't been the worst either. When I originally reached out them they placed a caregiver that just was not the perfect fit. I don't feel that she was evaluated prior to being sent and I did ask for this particular caregiver to be replaced. Her replacement has been great and I really love her! I'm glad they got it right the second time around. I truly appreciate everything our current caregiver does!

I would highly recommend Advicates for the Independent. Sherrie Murray held our hand as we walked through the process of getting my dad home. From meeting with us - to going to the facility to meet Dad and get information - to numerous phone calls checking on things -- we felt that Sherrie was always there to help. So far, the 3 providers working with my Mom and Dad have been professional yet very caring. I am thankful that we are working with this company and appreciate all that has been done to help with my Dad.

So far it's been pretty good.

So far it's been pretty good. They have been very reliable. We have the same person that comes out, so there is consistency. We haven't had any billing issues, so far it's working out well.

They did a great job

They did a great job, we are done needing them now. We used them for about just a few weeks, while my loved one healed. But we were happy with them. We had a consistent caregivers. They were reliable, and if there was anything that came up they were good with communication.

I think they did a great job.

I think they did a great job. They changed out an employee when mom asked them too. They were flexible when we needed to change hours and schedules. They were very thorough when we interviewed them, and they were the ones my mom picked.

There really aren't any complaints.

They are pleased with Advocates for the Independent so far. They did have to get a new person, because the first one quit. They really liked the person they had. There really aren't any complaints.

Wonderful service!

We're very pleased with the service we've received from Advocates for the Independent! They picked out a really wonderful person for us! She gets along great with my loved one, and has been very flexible when it comes to scheduling. They are definitely worth a look if you are searching for care at home!

Good caregivers

Caregivers keeps changing, current one is fair. Supervisors are good and easy to work with. Good communication

wonderful

She’s wonderful. We only had the one woman so far, but she’s been great. She tries to engage my loved one with activities. As far as care services, she just stays with my loved one when we have to go out. We’ve been very happy with this service.

They tried to be responsive to my needs

It was my first experience. When they knew they were going to miss, they did their best to make arrangements, but sometimes the absence happened at the last minute. They tried to be responsive to my needs and any changes.

I have been very happy with them so far.

I have been very happy with them so far. We have been able to have the same person come out. We may even expand our hours. I didn't do a whole lot of checking around but they seem to be on the less expensive side of things.

Nothing but good things to say!

Nothing but good things to say! The friendliness of the staff is one of the biggest pluses! We've had the same caretaker come since the beginning, and she's really great! When we had an issue regarding some bad weather, communication ended up reaolving the issue. They've done a really great job, and we are very impressed. We would recommend them to anyone who is looking for home care options!

Kim was very helpful in com...

Kim was very helpful in coming out quickly and working to meet our needs. We had someone start the next week and so far it is working out well.

Working Out Well

I have this service, it is fine. Very well. They cook breakfast, a meal for us. They clean the house. They come in twice a week. There is just one care giver. We are very happy with the service and it is really working out.

sept 17th, Melanie came to ...

sept 17th, Melanie came to visit, very nice, and helpful! 17.50hr no contract, no minimum hrs.

Home Care - non medical. Li...

Home Care - non medical. Licensed by state. Caregivers are background checked, drug tested, bonded and insured. Avg cost $17/hr.

Liked Kim Tweedel's information on ev...

Liked Kim Tweedel's information on evaluating mother and her insurance information

Advocates for the Independent exclusively hires trained, compassionate and caring individuals who go into the home to assist and take care of the homebound. We care for the pre- and post-hospital stay patient, no matter the age. We also take pride in being able to lend a hand to new mothers who are without the benefit of family support nearby. We provide assistance to them during the first few weeks or months of motherhood.