A Place for Mom is the nation's largest senior living referral information service providing resources and personalized assistance to help families find senior care and housing. A Place for Mom provides resources to help families make informed decisions on senior care, from assisted living and Alzheimer’s care to researching Veterans benefits and financing senior care. Their Senior Living Advisors help save families time and guide them through the options to help find the best fit based on their loved one’s needs.

The long road ahead

I found this ad one morning, as I sat contemplating whats next for my mother. As soon as I sent an email, I was called back. They patiently listened to my currant life story, And then found resources, that could possibly help me. There are so many options and help available, and it is way more than just considering assisted living. Unfortunately the nursing home she is in discharged her today knowing her dementia is untreated, her Dr did not want her home, But at least I now know that I can rely on a place for mom, any time I feel lost, and I have a feeling I will be in contact with these people quite often, in the near future. Amazing group of folks here.

Joe Gillard

Lance, thanks for taking the time to share your story, and we appreciate the review. We are glad that we have the opportunity to provide assistance for you and your family in these times.

Wonderful !

It's really unbelievable that there are people out there to help with decisions most of us know nothing about. There are no charges for their service. Dena is helping and guiding me through a really tough time. No matter where you live they have information in your area. I highly recommend them.

Joe Gillard

Beverly, we are so grateful that you took the time to tell us how we did. We are also so glad that we were able to provide you with information that helped you and your family in your search. Thank you for the review, and for letting us know about your experience with Dana and with our service!

A Place for Mom and Sunrise Assisted Living Community in Cuyahoga Falls

I was in Ohio with my dad who is on hospice and needs care around the clock. He is on hospice but they do not pay for nursing home care. I went to Internet and looked up assisted living and nursing home and A Place for Mom came up. I called on a Saturday and got to talk to a real person. Brad was from around the area my parents live and he did some research and got back to me within an hour with websites and places that were close to my moms home. He set up appointment for us to visit these places and has called back several times to see if we needed any more help. He also suggested VA benefits and sent us material on those. We have since applied for the benefits and are waiting to hear. We found Sunrise Assisted Living Community on State Road to be the most like home for both mom and dad. The environment is so grand! My mom is able to come home and sleep at night knowing that the staff is caring for my dad. Bothe A Place for Mom and Sunrise Assisted Living community are 5 Star services!!

Joe Gillard

Sue, we are so grateful for your nice review, and so glad that the information provided to you was helpful in your search. We sincerely want to help you and your family find the solutions you need. Thanks so much for your gracious feedback and know that we're always here to help.

HELPFUL AND GENUINELY CONCERNED

I can attest to the abilities and concerns of the organization. They helped when I desperately needed to find Assisted Living for my sister in VA, and they've never forgotten me.

Joe Gillard

Thank you so much for your kind review. We're happy that you were able to get the help you needed transitioning your sister into assisted living. We wish you both the best.

Saved my brother's life

I have been taking care of my brother for the past 12 years. His wife had breast cancer and he was legally blind so I drove them wherever they needed to go. After his wife died he moved nearer to me so I didn't have to travel so far. On March 5 of this year he called me and said he wasn't feeling well and wanted to go to the emergency. I took him and they found a mild urinary tract infection. They thought it best to keep him overnight. The next day they called me and said he had become violent and combative and they had to restrain him. Up until this point he was living alone with my help. He basically went into full blown dementia overnight. His children and I didn't know what to do. Nursing homes wouldn't take him because of his behavior. The only place that would take him was a behavior hospital for elderly people with behaviors like he was exhibiting. He was there for two weeks and was kept on antipsychotic drugs. One nursing home agreed to take him but they continued to give him the drugs. Even after I ask them not to. I called A Place for Mom and got a counselor. She researched what was available in our area and we went looking for a place to take him. The counselor also told me I should think about assisted living facilities. I didn't think we could afford it but she said all his money will go no matter where he is. I knew this was true because my mother went through the same thing and she lived with me until she needed 24 hour care. I found a place but the cost was much more than we could afford. My counselor called the facility an negotiated a much lower price. One I could work with. My brother was so much better after just three days in his new home. He has a room all to himself and is very happy there. They take excellent care of him. I don't know what I would have done without the help I received. Thank you again.

Joe Gillard

Janice, thanks for sharing your unique story, and for letting us know how our services helped you and your brother. We can only imagine how difficult the situation must have been for you and your family. Stories like yours let us know firsthand how we’re assisting people who reach out to us for help. We’re so happy that your experience with our advisor and the facility was positive, and helped relieve some of the difficulty involved in the process. We wish the best for you and your family moving forward.

Review of A Place for Mom

Our experience with A Place for Mom was a good one, the people were friendly and responded very quickly.

Joe Gillard

Linda, thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that our advisor was helpful and that we had the opportunity to help you in your search.

I have already recommended them to a friend

The advisor was friendly and able to answer most of my questions. I found the information helpful, but the problem was my mom. I have already recommended them to a friend, and have used the service 3 times now.

Joe Gillard

Nancy, we're so glad that you found our service to be useful to you in your search. We love hearing feedback and we appreciate the nice review!

Friendly and responsive

I appreciated the friendliness and responsiveness of the people who contacted me.

Joe Gillard

Hi Lin, thank you so much for letting us know how you felt about the service we provided. We're so glad that we had the opportunity to provide help to you.

A Place for Mom was good

The advisor was friendly and helpful. I would say it was good.

Joe Gillard

Hi Sandra, thanks for the review and we're so glad that our advisor was helpful to you. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly and pretty knowledgeable. There wasn't a lot of options in the area, we ended up just doing the in-home thing.

Joe Gillard

Chrissy, thanks so much for your feedback. We're so glad that your advisor was able to provide some information for you in your search.

They were helpful

Donna was real helpful. I think my friend even moved into one of the places she recommended. I would definitely tell others about this service.

Joe Gillard

Cynthia, we appreciate you letting us know how the process went for you. We're so glad that Donna was able to provide the information you needed, and we appreciate your gracious review.

The Service is fine

The service is fine. The advisor was friendly and helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks for giving us feedback, Susan. We're so glad you found the service helpful.

Very helpful information

The advisor was very friendly, and very knowledgable. The information was very helpful, and the advisor even set an appointment for me to go visit one of the places.

Joe Gillard

Maureen, thanks for your feedback. We're so glad that your advisor helped you find some of the information you needed.

Provided relevant and helpful information

The advisor was friendly and pretty knowledgeable. The information was helpful and relevant.

Joe Gillard

Hi John, thanks so much for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing about how the service is helping people.

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly and I really did find the information to be helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for the review, Mario. We always like to hear feedback about our services. We're glad that you found the information to be helpful.

Good experience with the service overall

I had a very good experience with the service overall. My one suggestion would be to offer a little more guidance or help with the various financing options, it can be very overwhelming.

Joe Gillard

Andre, thanks for the feedback. Learning about our customer's experience helps us out greatly. Thanks so much for letting us know how we did.

Review of A Place for Mom

They were friendly and very helpful. Unfortunately we needed more care than the places they were able to recommend could take.

Joe Gillard

Janis, thank you for your feedback and we appreciate you letting us know how we did. We're glad that we were able to provide some help for you.

They provided quick responses and were helpful

The advisor was friendly and quick to respond. They were able to answer my questions, and sent me lots of helpful information. I would recommend it to others.

Joe Gillard

Deborah, thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad you found the information helpful to you and your family.

They are great at keeping in touch

Contacted A Place for Mom a few years ago, been great about keeping in touch throughout our search, friendly personal service

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your feedback, Lenore. We're so glad that we are able to be a part of your search and we appreciate the review!

Very happy with the service!

I was very happy with the service! A Place for Mom got back to me very quickly, and the information they provided was useful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks for letting us know how we did! We're happy that we were able to provide a useful resource to you in your search.

The service is good

Everyone has been very nice, and I have gotten the emails, and they have been very helpful. I think the service is good.

Joe Gillard

Thank you so much for your nice review. We're so glad we were able to help you in your search.

They were great!

They pretty much answered all the questions I came in with, and then some I didn't know I was going to have. They were great! I would recommend them to friends and family for sure. The advisor was friendly and helpful.

Joe Gillard

Leticia, thanks so much for your nice review! We're so glad that we were able to provide the help you needed in your search, and that our advisor was helpful!

Helped find us some new places

I thought the information they sent was very useful! I'd already reached out to a few of the places on my own, but they also sent us a few new ones!

Joe Gillard

Becky, thanks so much for you r nice review! We're so glad that we could help you and provide useful information.

I would recommend A Place for Mom to friends

The advisor was friendly, and able to answer most of my questions. The information she sent was helpful. We ended up using Visiting Angels. I would recommend A Place for Mom to friends.

Joe Gillard

Ann, thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad that we had the opportunity to be part of your search.

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly and knowledgeable. The information was helpful but not really relavent to my search. I just wanted an apartment, not an old peoples place. I don't need any amenities or anything.

Joe Gillard

thanks so much for your review and feedback, Carol. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to speak to you about your needs.

Review of A Place for Mom

Although our loved ones were not ready to move we found the info they sent useful and the representative was friendly.

Joe Gillard

Naomi, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We're so glad that we had the opportunity to help you in your search.

I am thankful for their help

I thought the service was very helpful when we needed it, and I reached out again after the first time thinking we were going to need their help again, but then my mom passed. I am thankful for their help.

Good information, but calls could be overwhelming

Overall I appreciated the service. The information they sent was useful, although the amount of email and calls got a little overwhelming at times!

Joe Gillard

Sandra, thanks so much for your feedback. We love to hear from customers about their experience and it helps us to do the best job we can do.

Pointed me in the right direction

The advisor was very friendly, she answered all of my questions, listened to my concerns and needs, and pointed me in the right direction.

Joe Gillard

Thanks, Rick! We appreciate your feedback and review, and we're so glad that we got to be a part of your search.

Good support and follow-up

I really appreciated all the support and follow-up.

Joe Gillard

Rose, thank you for providing us feedback on your experience with our service. We're so glad we were able to help!

Review of A Place for Mom

We appreciated the help during our search, and we really like the place we found!

Joe Gillard

Thanks, Beverly! We're so glad we had the opportunity to be a part of your search.

We would use A Place for Mom again

Our loved one ended up changing their mind, but if they start looking again A Place for Mom will be the first number we call, all the info was very useful!

Joe Gillard

Michael, thanks so much for the review and letting us know about your experience. W're so glad that we had the opportunity to help you and your family in your search.

The advisor was knowledgable

The advisor was friendly and knowledgable, and the information was helpful.

Joe Gillard

Mike, thanks for your feedback. We're so glad to hear that your advisor provided useful information for you in this process.

We were pleased with the service

We've found the information A Place for Mom provided to be useful, we're pleased with the service.

Joe Gillard

Laurence, thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that we were able to help you and your family in this process.

Excellent

I thought A Place for Mom was excellent

Joe Gillard

We are so glad you found our service useful. Thanks so much for your nice feedback!

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly and knowledgeable and able to answer most of my questions. The information they sent to me was helpful. They followed up, and even set a few appointments for me.

Joe Gillard

Nona, thanks for your feedback. We love hearing from our customers about their experience, and we're so glad we had the opportunity to help you and your family.

They were on top of things

We had a great experience with A Place For Mom. Our family was in a really tough place, and the woman we worked with was friendly, personable, and really on top of things.

Joe Gillard

Rachel, we're so grateful for the nice review and appreciate the feedback. We are so glad that you gave us the opportunity to work with you and your family in this process.

I was satisfied with A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly, and able to answer most of my questions. I found that very helpful. I was very satisfied, they were very compassionate, which I was grateful for, it was a very difficult time.

Joe Gillard

Sharlene, thanks so much for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to help you and your family in the process.

Gave good guidance

I worked with Claudia, she was very helpful with guiding me on what to look for.

Joe Gillard

Lee, we're so glad to hear that Claudia was able to help you. Thanks for letting us know about your experience.

Helpful and relevant information

The advisor was helpful and knowledgable. The information was relevant, and helpful. It was nice that the ones I was interested in have kept in touch.

Joe Gillard

Sharon, we appreciate the review and we're so glad that we were able to help you get started in the process.

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was fine. The information was helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks for your feedback, Ray. We're so glad we had the opportunity to help you and your family.

Provided good information

I haven't made any moves yet, but I do appreciate the information that they provided.

Joe Gillard

Robert, thank you for your feedback, and we're so glad we were able to provide information for you.

We appreciated their help

Our situation wasn't ideal, but we did really appreciate the help and information you provided.

Joe Gillard

Mary, thank you so much for your feedback. We're so glad we could provide information for you.

Happy with the service overall

I was happy with the service overall, the agents I spoke to were very friendly.

Joe Gillard

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad that we were able to provide a useful resource for you in this process.

I would recommend them to family and friends

The advisor was friendly, and able to answer all the questions I had. I did think the information we received was pertinent and helpful for our search. I do think it's something I would reccommend to friends or family that were starting a similar search.

Joe Gillard

Monika, we're so grateful for your kind words. We're glad we were able to provide information that was useful for you and your family, and that your advisor was helpful.

Review of A Place for Mom

I thought they provided useful information, even if ultimately we didn't end up making a move.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your feedback, Sheila. We are glad that we could be a part of the process in some way and provide information to you in your search.

Provided pertinent information

The advisor was helpful and friendly. It helped me get my foot in the door of a few places I wouldn't have even known about if it hadn't been for A Place for Mom. I thought the service was excellent. All of the infromation was pertinent and I was able to visit quite a few places.

Joe Gillard

Jerry, we're so glad that we were able to be a part of your process and help you and your family. We're grateful for your feedback and we're glad you found the information useful.

Review of A Place for Mom

I remember the person we spoke to being very helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks Joe, we're so glad we were able to provide information. Thanks for the feedback.

Helped find a nice place for our loved one

I thought the information A Place for Mom provided was very useful, and we found a nice place for our loved ones.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for the feedback. We appreciate it, and we're so glad that we got to be a part of the process.

They were very helpful

Joe Gillard

Thanks for the feedback, Linda!

A Place for Mom is wonderful!

A Place for Mom is wonderful! I really appreciate all the follow-up and how well they keep in touch. It's been a big help!

Joe Gillard

Carol, thanks so much for your nice review! We are so glad that we are able to be a helpful resource to you. We are so grateful for your feedback.

I found the information helpful

The advisor was friendly and able to answer any questions I had. I found the information she sent me to be helpful. I think it's something I would reccommend to friends and family.

Joe Gillard

Thank you Elizabeth. We're so glad that we got to be a part of the process and provide information for you. Thanks for the feedback and for letting us do our part to help you.

Review of A Place for Mom

The advisor was friendly, and was helpful. The information was helpful, though I had been working with Caring.com already, and had gotten most of the same information already, I still found it helpful. I would recommend both communities to a friend or family member.

Helpful follow-up

Although our search is on hold, I really appreciate how supportive A Place for Mom has been, and I appreciate all of the follow-up!

They have their bases covered

The advisor was exceptionally friendly and helpful. She gave me some good tips. She even spoke with me after I had toured some places, and I had questions, and she was very knowledgeable and was able to answer those questions. When I checked in with AARP, the information they gave me was also what A Place for Mom gave me, so they definitely have their bases covered.

They found the information I needed

The information was helpful, and the advisor was friendly and helpful. If she didn't know the information she got the information to me.

Joe Gillard

Elaine, thank you so much for your review. We're so glad that we could be a part of your search, and provide useful information for you.

Thorough information

Some of the places that were on the list, the dates were quite old since they last visited. The information was thorough and helpful. The advisor was friendly and seemed to know her stuff.

Joe Gillard

Fred, thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad that our advisor was able to provide useful resources for your search.

Knowledgable and friendly advisors

The information was helpful, and the advisor was knowledgable, and friendly. I was really happy with the input I received. I was a little frustrated with knowing how accessible the things we were looking for would be. For example if the place has a pool, what if any

Joe Gillard

Barbara, thank you so much for your review. We are so glad we were able to be a part of your search process, and the feedback you provide is very useful to us. Thanks!

Friendly and knowledgable advisors

The information was helpful, the advisor was friendly, and able to answer our questions, though we did suspend the search and are no longer looking.

Joe Gillard

Linda, thanks so much for the feedback. We;re truly glad that we were able to be a part of your search.

They went over and beyond!

It was great! They went over and beyond. I would definitely recommend this service.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for the review, Ramona! We're so glad that we had the opportunity to help you in your process and provide information for you. We're grateful for the opportunity to be a part of your search.

Review of A Place for Mom

The information was helpful. The advisor was friendly and knowledgable.

Joe Gillard

Thanks for your feedback, John!

Helpful information

The information was helpful, and directed me to other business and companies.

Joe Gillard

Leonard, thanks so much for your feedback and we're very glad we had the opportunity to help you and provide information.

Friendly advisors

I found the information to be helpful, and the advisor to friendly.

Joe Gillard

Susan, thanks so much for the review and thank you for letting us be a part of your search.

Helpful during a stressful time

It was a stressful time, and I remember A Place for Mom providing some good information.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your feedback, Judy. We're very glad that we had the opportunity to help.

The service was fantastic!

Although we didn't end up placing our loved one in the area we were searching in using A Place for Mom I thought the service was fantastic. They sent us some good places to tour, and a lot of good general info.

They did a good job

Didn't end up finding anything, but I thought A Place for Mom did a good job.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're so glad we had the opportunity to assist you in your search.

Helpful for someone searching out of state

I'm performing my search from out of state, so the information A Place for Mom provides has been useful

The follow up was helpful

The information has been helpful. There are a lot of different communities in the area that A Place for Mom has not touched. I do like that Lori follows up with me and touches base, it helps to have someone to talk with, to help sort it out.

Joe Gillard

Hi, Sheryl! Thank you so much for your feedback, and we're so glad that you found the information useful.

Pleased with this service

I was very pleased with the service. I didn't end up using any of the options they recommended but the information was still very useful!

Review of A Place for Mom

The information was helpful. The advisor was helpful and listened to me.

Complete and thorough service

The information was helpful. The advisor was friendly and answered all my questions. I felt the interaction with A Place for Mom was more personalized than with Caring.com. The information was more complete and thorough and covered more topics.

Joe Gillard

Daveeda, we're so happy to hear that you had a good experience! We appreciate your nice review, and we are so glad to hear that the information we provided was helpful to you.

Already recommend this service

The advisor was able to answer all of our questions, and the information. I already have recommended A Place for Mom to others.

Joe Gillard

Dear Patricia, we're so grateful for your review and so glad to hear you had a good experience with our services. Thank you for spreading the word!

Review of A Place for Mom

She was able to answer any questions I had. I felt like I could ask her anything.

Joe Gillard

Janet, we're so glad that you were able to get your questions answered. Thank you so much for your kind review, and we appreciate your feedback.

They are a great place to start

A Place for Mom was able to answer all the questions I had. They didn't offer what we needed, but the information was helpful and they were able to direct me to other resources which I found helpful. I think in the starting phases is when they were the most helpful. Helping me learn the terminology that was helpful for the search. Medicare.gov was the most helpful resource I used.

Joe Gillard

Linda, thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to have been a helpful resource to you in your search.

It was helpful. The advisor was very friendly and helpful.

We loved the experience

We loved the experience, we loved Ruth. She helped us find a place that was reasonable, and seems to be very nice. We have already told some friends about A Place for Mom.

Good information

The information was helpful, and the people were quite attentive. It was too limited, I found other places that we also had to consider. I'm not a fan of Brookdale anywhere, and A Place for Mom always recommend a Brookdale. There are accommodations that could be more narrowed down. A lot of the initial information was very insightful, especially the additional info.

The service was very helpful

It was very helpful and she was very sweet. We just weren't able to afford the places.

Review of A Place for Mom

In a way the information was helpful, we decided to leave him there. They were able to answer my questions. The one area we had some trouble with was that he had some dementia, and some hallucinations, and was somewhat combative, so we didn't know what to do with him at that point, there seems to be a gap in information for this situation.

A Place for Mom provided good information

A Place for Mom gave me a lot of information that I passed on to my neices who found it really helpful. I have already passed on their info to a friend. A friend referred me to A Place for Mom as well.

A Place for Mom answered all of our questions

A Place for Mom was able to answer all my questions, and I found all the information I gathered to be helpful. I worked with several referral agencies, and I thought they were all about the same, I would recommend friends check them all out.

Good feedback

Mike was very helpful, and I really appreciated all of the information and feedback. This was all new to me, so it was a big help!

Joe Gillard

Cathy, thanks so much for letting us know about your experience! We're so glad that Mike was able to provide the information and help you needed.

They provided good information

I found the information A Place for Mom sent out helpful, it's given me the opporunity to tour a few different places in my area.

Joe Gillard

Thank you for the review, Albert. We are so glad that the information provided to you was helpful in your search.

They were Excellent!

I did find the information to be helpful, they were able to answer all of my questions. The representative I spoke with was very, very friendly, and I would always recommend A Place for Mom to friends or family with elderly parents. They were excellent!

Joe Gillard

Tonya, thank you so much for your kind review! We are always happy to hear feedback from customers and we are so glad that our information was helpful to you and your family.

A Place for Mom has been very helpful. We would like to find

Good experience

We had a very good experience, the information was very helpful!

They asked good questions

All of the facilities were within a reasonable driving distance of all of us. They asked pertinent questions, and were pretty friendly.

Excellent!

It was really wonderful information. I have talked to a few people about their online service, because it's just excellent. I cannot say enough about not only the A Place for Mom representative, but the communities that contacted me as well were really understanding and friendly.

Review of A Place for Mom

The information was helpful. A Place for Mom was very friendly, and able to answer all my questions. One of the things that really bothered me was how immediate and frequent the calls were. Perhaps having a checkbox on the website of how immediate the need is. I feel comfortable with Grace.

Very helpful

It has been helpful so far. I wasn't always sure who I was speaking to, but whoever it was were always very, very helpful. I especially

Joe Gillard

Kathryn, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience with our services. We're so glad that you found the information to be useful.

Everything went smoothly

A Place for Mom contacted the place, that we moved in and it all went smoothly. Everyone was friendly and we were able to find a place quickly.

Joe Gillard

Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We love to hear feedback from our customers, and we're so glad the process went smoothly for you and your family.

Good info, but too many calls

The information was useful, but the A Place for Mom advisor was a bit too aggressive. I told them we weren't ready to search yet month after month and they kept calling.

Joe Gillard

Jack, thank you so much for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing about customers' experiences so that we can continue to improve our services.

No complaints

I thought A Place for Mom was useful, overall. I had no complaints!

Joe Gillard

Thank you, Joan! We're so glad that you found the information useful. Thanks for the nice review!

It was good

Yes I found the information helpful it was good, and A Place for Mom got me started. The advisor was very friendly and able to answer all my questions. Spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me. The only suggestions I might make is to widen their listings a little, a more inclusive.

All questions have been answered

It was very helpful. They answered everything.

Review of A Place for Mom

We didn't end up finding anywhere we liked, but I thought the information A Place for Mom provided was useful

Helpful service so far!

I'm still in the middle of my search, but I appreciate the help A Place for Mom has provided so far.

Joe Gillard

That's wonderful to hear! Thank you so much for letting us know that our resources have been useful.

Provided answers to our questions

It was helpful. We are doing pretty well with getting our questions answered.

The information they provided was a big help!

I thought A Place for Mom was very useful. The information they provided was a big help!

Review of A Place for Mom

The information has been helpful. I haven't been able to find a place I could afford. We are in a place but we have to wait for something that will take medicaid.

Joe Gillard

Linda, we understand the challenges and we greatly appreciate the review. We're glad that you found the information useful.

Review of A Place for Mom

A Place for Mom immediately responded.

I would recommend A Place for Mom to others

The information was helpful. I was able to get my questions answered. I would recommend A Place for Mom to others.

They were competent and professional

The information has been very helpful. They (the advisor) were very attentive, listened to me, and made suggestions, and gave me even more information on those things I asked about. They did a very good job and were very competent, and were not overwhelming, they didn't innundate me with calls and information. It was very professional.

Joe Gillard

Walt, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We're so glad that you found our information and services useful to you. We love hearing feedback like this, and we appreciate the nice review.

Helpful info, but could use some improvement

The information provided was helpful. I would say that A Place for Mom could use some improvement on the front end, they did not respond as quickly as I would have liked. After the fact they followed up too much, and it seemed that after I said I no longer needed them, nobody seemed to be getting my messages, they were still calling me for quite a while, and that was a bit frustrating.

Joe Gillard

Renee, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you telling us about your experience with our service, as it helps us to better serve our customers.

The information was helpful

The information was helpful and A Place for Mom answered my questions, we didn't end up using much of their service, as we were able to get more shifts out of our current caregivers.

Joe Gillard

We're so glad you found our information our useful for your situation. We greatly appreciate the feedback.

Good for information gathering

The information was very helpful. It was more of information gathering as we weren't ready to make a move. It was good to know what our options are where we looking and what pricing will look like.

Review of A Place for Mom

I think the information was helpful. We got a lot of guidance, and the people were very friendly. I was directed to A Place for Mom by a family member. I wasn't able to find anything that worked for us, but I think that had more to do with money issues, and availability and less to do with A Place for Mom being helpful. I truely believe they did all they could.

Friendly and helpful

The person I spoke with was friendly and helpful, I didn't really intend to get started with a service, it just sort of happened, but it ended up being helpful, even if it was confusing.

Joe Gillard

Dick, thank you for your nice review. We appreciate the feedback we get from customers like you, and we're so glad that you found the help useful.

Review of A Place for Mom

It's helpful when talking to someone with referrals instead of just looking in the Yellow Pages.

Review of A Place for Mom

I was able to get the information from A Place for Mom. And I toured a couple of locations, and mom didn't want it. S moved in with us and we are going to do a day program. Sometimes I would say there were a few too many phone calls, that would be the only reason I would hesitate to recommend A Place for Mom.

Joe Gillard

Teresa, thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We're glad we were able to provide information for you in your search.

A Place for Mom did a good job!

I thought A Place For Mom did a good job! The agent seemed knowledgeable about the area, and genuinely concerned about helping Mom find a good place.

Joe Gillard

We're so happy to hear that! Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad we were able to offer useful resources for your search.

Everything was good

Yes, the information we received from A Place for Mom was very helpful. Everything was really good. I would suggest asking more questions about the economics of a family, and their budget. Some of the places were out of budget, so it didn't matter how nice they were or how much they had to offer. Looking at them just let me see what was out of reach. I have recommended A Place for Mom to several friends and family members.

Joe Gillard

Ann, thanks so much for your review! Your feedback about your experience helps us to improve our services.We are so glad that we were able to be a part of your process and that we could provide some of the information you needed in your search.

Positive experience

The different areas I worked with A Place for Mom were very good. The people were all friendly, and helpful. It was a very positive experience. I think A Place for Mom was a little more helpful than Caring.com was.

Joe Gillard

Lynn, thank you so much for your nice feedback. Hearing from customers like you helps us to better understand how we can continue to help people with their needs. We're so glad we were able to be a part of the process in your search.

I give A Place for Mom a five +++

Everything has been great. Jill has been wonderful. I am quite happy with A Place for Mom. If I ever needed an answer to anything, or guidance, Jill is who I would call. I give A Place for Mom a five +++

Useful information

I thought the information A Place for Mom provided was useful, I would recommend their service.

Joe Gillard

Gloria, we're so glad that you found the information useful, We love hearing feedback about our services and we appreciate your nice review.

Review of A Place for Mom

I thought the lady I worked with at A Place For Mom was very helpful. She provided us some good information, and checked back in often.

Everything was very helpful. I would tell others about this service

Joe Gillard

Thank you, Charles. We always love to hear from people about their experience. We appreciate your kind review.

We really appreciated A Place for Mom's service

We really appreciated A Place for Mom's service! They were always very on top of things, and I thought all the info and emails they sent were useful

Joe Gillard

Dear Joan, we are so grateful for your review, and so happy that we were able to provide a useful resource for you. Thank you for thinking of us in your search.

They were wonderful

A Place for Mom was very helpful. They were wonderful. It was an easy and comfortable way to get things done.

Joe Gillard

Ruth, thanks so much for keeping us informed of how we did. We're so glad that we could provide a useful service to you in your search.

Service was satisfactory

I thought the service was satisfactory, I don't have any complaints or suggestions.

Joe Gillard

David, thanks for the feedback. We are so glad that we were able to provide satisfactory information for you in your search.

Helpful in the beginning

A Place for Mom really helped me at the beginning. I thought it was a goverment program. I would have liked to know from the beginning on what basis they worked.

Provided helpful info

Even though I didn't end up going with a place A Place for Mom recommended I still found the information to be very helpful.

Review of A Place for Mom

They were both helpful. They were very friendly. I got the same information from both agencies.

Joe Gillard

Carol, thank you so much for letting us know about your experience. We're so glad we were able to provide a resource for you.

Satisfied

I was satisfied with the help I received. I'm pretty sure they are the ones that gave me most of my leads. One of the things I found is that they don't get a lot of information from an agency or a location without going through an agency first.

Joe Gillard

Vicki, thank you so much for your review. Feedback is so important to us, and we're so glad to have had the opportunity to help you in the process.

Very helpful!

The person I dealt with was very helpful, I told her what I needed and we had some conversations to narrow down options. She was able to help me quickly when things took a turn for the worse. I couldn't have done it without her help!

Great place to start

We looked at a lot of places. A Place for Mom was a great place to start. A lot of the places were outside of our budget. Candace was very friendly, but I don't think we will be moving this year.

Joe Gillard

Amy, thanks so much for your feedback and letting us know how the process went for you. We're so glad we had the opportunity to help.

Review of A Place for Mom

Exposed me to the available

Joe Gillard

Thanks for your feedback. We're glad we were able to provide a resource to you.

A Place for Mom was helpful

I found A Place for Mom to be helpful. I felt like I got all the information we needed.

Joe Gillard

Dear Patricia, we're so glad that you found our resources and information helpful to you and we appreciate your kind review of our services. We wish you the best.

The people were extremely helpful and friendly

I did an ititial inquiry, and we needed skilled nursing. A Place for Mom was able to give me a couple of names of assisted living, but right away found out that we couldn't use it. The people were extremely helpful and very friendly.

Joe Gillard

Kathleen, thank you so much for your nice review. We love hearing feedback from our customers and we're so glad we were able to provide a resource for you.

A Place for Mom did a great job

I thought A Place for Mom did a great job, I can't think of any way they could improve! The information was useful, and I appreciated all the follow-up!

Joe Gillard

Cindy, thank you so much for the review. We're so glad that you chose us to help you through the process. We're glad we had the opportunity to help.

No suggestions

I found it to be helpful as far as the information I was able to get. I can't think of any suggestions that would make it better. Once I got the phone numbers to the places the rest of the search was easy.

Review of A Place for Mom

It was helpful, but I don't remember that much about it. A Place for Mom didn't have nursing homes and that's what I needed so my brother is really the one that took this search over, and found the place we picked. I would tell other people to check with them though.

Good follow up

Had a good experience overall with the service. I really appreciated all the follow-up!

Joe Gillard

Julie, thanks so much for your feedback. We're glad that we had the opportunity to help you in the process.

Very helpful and understanding

Very helpful very understanding. They gave lists, and when it came down to it they were willing to make calls for me. It was so helpful for me to have a human. The automated services are going to frustrate you more. I think the ladies were wonderful. Even if nothing worked out, just having an ear to listen to was super helpful.

Joe Gillard

Velvet, thanks for your review! We always love to hear from the people who have used our service. We're so glad that we had the opportunity to help you in your search.

Best referral agency I used

Everyone was very wonderful in helping us. A Place for Mom had more pricing information,and easier access to it. I liked having someone explain about the different places, and helping to answer my questions. It was nice to talk to someone who knew what they were talking about. I used a few other referral agencies, and this was the best.

Joe Gillard

Agnes, we're so glad that you found our service useful to you in your search. We appreciate the review, and the opportunity to help you through the process.

They did a good job

I thought A Place for Mom did a good job. I really appreciated the follow-up, and how they kept in touch and sent new info from time to time.

Happy with the place we found

It was helpful it got me started in the right direction. I chose the first place I looked at, nothing else compared after that, and we have been very happy there.

The information was helpful

When I started the search I was looking for respite care, but after hearing some of the prices, we realized we couldn't afford it. We thought the informatin was helpful, and were able to make an informed decision.

Joe Gillard

Mary, we appreciate your review, and we're so glad you were able to get the information you needed to make a decision.

They have been a good resource

I think what I requested I received. My decision keeps changing. I appreciate that A Place for Mom has followed along with me through all the changes. I would certainly tell others about them if they were looking. It's been a good resource.

Joe Gillard

We're so happy that we were able to assist you in the process and to provide a useful resource for you. We appreciate your kind review and we wish you the best.

Review of A Place for Mom

I was able to get good information. I just googled and got a lot of returns but they are the only ones I remember using. My only suggestion is that there is an excellent facility here that wasn't on the website, and it should be added. I really wanted my sister to go there. There were a lot of places that had multiple facilities all around like Brookdale. The advisor was friendly and she followed up and we emailed back and forth. The other really nice thing, is they were available after 5:00, so many people who work have to wait till they are off, and that was really helpful.

Joe Gillard

Jacquelyne, so kind of you to let us and others know how we're doing. We appreciate your feedback and we hope that we were able to help you and your family with the resources you need.

Review of A Place for Mom

I found the information from both places to be very helpful. I used the information from both A Place for Mom and Caring.com.

Joe Gillard

Janet, we're so grateful for your review, and so glad that we were able to provide a useful service to you in your search.

A Place for Mom did a good job!

It was my first experience with this sort of service so I don't have much to compare it to, but I thought A Place for Mom did a good job! The person I spoke to was helpful and informative.

Joe Gillard

Jacqueline, thank you so much for your feedback. We are always happy to hear from customers about their experience, and we're so glad you found the service useful.

Review of A Place for Mom

I thought the people I spoke with at A Place For Mom were very friendly, and they were always happy to speak with me and answer any questions I had. However, they only sent me a very limited list of places in my area. And I don't know how they get their reviews, but some of the options I was sent were reviewed very highly but I know from personal experience and recommendations are not very good.

Joe Gillard

Claudia, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for us. We're glad that we had the opportunity to help.

They provided helpful information

I thought the information A Place for Mom provided was very helpful. They led us in the right direction. While we didn't end up moving we were able to get all the stuff we needed.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for the review, Archie. We're so glad that we were able to provide a useful resource to you in your search.

Service was good overall

I thought the service was good, overall. It was sometimes a little difficult, since my loved one was in a state of flux. I'd get calls when we weren't ready to make any sort of decision.

Lots of useful information

I got a lot of useful information, but a friend of mine is the one who helped me find the place I chose.

Review of A Place for Mom

I was able to get all the information, Sue Walch was a plethora of information, and gave us everything we could want.

Joe Gillard

Thank you so much for letting us know, Mark. We're so glad that Sue was able to provide the information you wanted. We appreciate the feedback.

Service was very useful

I thought the service was very useful!

Very informative and courteous

We were satisfied with A Place for Mom's service! They were very informative and curteous.

Joe Gillard

Paulette, thank you so much for letting us know you were satisfied with our services. We're so glad we had the opportunity to help you.

We were happy with the service

My grandparents didn't end up moving, but we were happy with the service. It was very helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your feedback. We're so glad that we were able to provide a useful service to you.

Review of A Place for Mom

I thought they all did a great job, and provided a lot of useful information. However, I didn't have a great experience with the place I found through APFM.

Joe Gillard

Gary, thanks so much for letting us know. We're happy that we were able to provide useful information for you.

Very Helpful Service

Very helpful service. The follow up has been good. I haven't really chosen a place yet, but I can't think of anything that wasn't provided that I needed.

Joe Gillard

Thank you your kind words, Shirley. We hope that you are able to complete your search successfully, and please reach out if you need any assistance.

Provided a useful service

I thought A Place for Mom provided a useful service. It steered me in the right direction, and gave me a good idea on how to get started with my search.

Joe Gillard

Thanks so much for your review. We're so glad that we could a part of your process and provide helpful information in your search.

Really Good Experience

We had a really good experience. She was extremely helpful. She went above and beyond. We didn't end up moving but she made the whole process easier.

Joe Gillard

We are so glad to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience and we're so glad that your advisor was helpful and that we were able to provide useful information for you.

Helpful Service

I thought their service was helpful, but I was a little overwhelmed by the number of calls I received from communities after contacting A Place for Mom.

They gave us everything we were looking for

It's been wonderful, I've gotten lots of calls. The information A Place for Mom provides is very valuable. They gave us everything we were looking for. One of the people we spoke to even knew the area. I was satisfied with the service, descriptions everything. I felt like everyone was good and honest.

Review of A Place for Mom

It was good, I don't really have any suggestions I got the help and information I needed.

Helpful and Informative

We didn't end up needing to move our loved one, but I thought APFM was very helpful and informative.

Joe Gillard

Thank you for letting us know, Linda. We wish you the best moving forward and please let us know if you need additional help in the future.

Very Helpful!

Very helpful. I was able to find a place and we love it. I have recommended A Place for Mom to friends of ours already.

Joe Gillard

Thank you for your review, Randy! We're so glad that we were able to be a part of the process and provide a useful resource for you and your family.

Review of A Place for Mom

Got all the information that I needed. I had a good list of options.

Joe Gillard

Karen, thanks so much for your review. We're so glad that we were able to provide information to help you and your family in the process.

Just what we needed!

I've already recommended A Place for Mom's service to friends! I explained what I needed, and they sent a list out immediately. I also really appreciated that they set-up the tours and appointments for me, as we were in a time crunch and that was just what we needed!

Great Experience

It was a great experience. A Place for Mom led us to Brookdale. It was an awesome experience. It made everything very easy.

It haas been helpful

I would say it's been helpful. If I were to rate how useful the information has been I would say 3. I think the overall experience has been good, and I would tell friends and family about this service.

Joe Gillard

Carl, thank you for your review. We’re so glad your experience with A Place for Mom was positive. We love hearing feedback from our customers, and it helps others to understand the process.

No complaints

It was fine, it was exactly what I needed, no complaints, no suggestions. I got 6 or 7 places to look at, and chose the third one I looked at. I've only been here a week but so far it's looking like a nice place.

Joe Gillard

Eileen, thank you for for your rating and review. We're glad that your experience so far has been positive. We wish you the best.

Review of A Place for Mom

I didn't end up choosing a place that was on their list, and their rep didn't have accurate information about the one I did like, but wasn't on the list. I would say I found the service helpful.

Joe Gillard

Thanks for your feedback. It helps us out quite a bit to hear about all of our customer experiences.

Good experience

It's been a good expencience. There was nothing for what we needed, which was a short temporary stay. Finding more alternative options to offer would be nice.

Joe Gillard

Pat, thank you so much for your review and providing feedback which helps us in providing our services. We're so glad to be a part of the process with you.

Useful Service

I thought the service was useful overall. I already knew about most of the places A Place for Mom sent to me, but they sent some other helpful general info.

I would recommend to others

So far service has been helpful. I would recommend it to others, there isn't anything I can think of that I need that isn't being provided.