Consultant Hours
  • Mon - Fri: 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM PT
  • Sat - Sun: 5:00 AM - 5:30 PM PT

Las Vegas Senior Realtors

If you’re ready to move, whether that’s to a smaller house, an assisted living facility, or even abroad, there are many things you need to consider. Retirement budgets, estate planning, and long-term health all come into play as a senior, and you need an agent who has experience with all these things to help you. Fortunately, Las Vegas has trained agents that are familiar with the emotional and financial sides of moving and can make the transition easier.

What Does a Senior Realtor Mean?

Any real estate agent can become a senior realtor by taking some extra training. The most common credential is Seniors Real Estate Specialist, which agents can get through the National Association of Realtors. Agents add approved courses onto their general training to get the title of SRES. Some states, not Nevada, also have a Certified Senior Housing Professional through the Senior Real Estate Institute. If each are available in the state, some agents decide to get both the SRES and CSHP title.

Once done with their training, SRES and CSHP agents not only have the experience to work with seniors but a network of other professionals that can help in other fields. CPAs, attorneys, and social workers frequently work with real estate agents, so if you need additional assistance, your agent can refer you to a qualified individual.

Who Should Work With a Senior Real Estate Specialist?

If you are 50 or older, then consider a senior real estate specialist for your next move. You don’t have to be retired to use this type of agent. So, you can use this service while still working, taking on the role of a new empty nester, or looking to go abroad.

When Is The Best Time For a Senior Real Estate Specialist?

When you are ready to move, contact an SRES agent. Downsizing or moving to a new community can be stressful and emotionally charged, but an agent with the proper training can help ease your stress. They will work with your budget and can even use financial tools like a reverse mortgage to get your money and equity to work for you.

Seniors or adult children with senior parents that aren’t ready to move yet can also contact an agent. Not only do these agents help with moves, but they can help you make your current home easier to get around. They can refer you to professionals that will install lift bars, wheelchair ramps, or stairway lifts to make your life simpler and safer.

Agents will also coordinate your sale with other tasks like estate planning. They will put you in contact with an attorney that can help you plan for long-term care and make sure your spouse and family are cared for and protected.

Where to Find An SRES or CSHP Agent

You can always ask different firms if they have any senior qualified agents, but internet searches are faster and just as effective. If you’re moving to a new state, you can look at the CSHP directory to see if there are any agents there that will work for you.

SRES agents are listed in the National Association of Realtors search function, and all you do is enter your zip code to find the nearest agent. The 89104 zip code came back with two agents, one with TR Realty and the other with United Realty Group.

Agents can have many qualifications . So, if you’re a retired military member that is looking to downsize or move abroad, you can find a real estate agent that can help with military relocations and international real estate. Just ask to see what your agent can do for you.

Learn more about Las Vegas Retirement Planning here:

How Much Does It Cost to Retire in Las Vegas, NV?

What's the Cost of Living in Las Vegas, NV?

Las Vegas Financial Advisors

Las Vegas Elder Law Attorneys

Las Vegas Senior Movers and Downsizers

Las Vegas Neighborhood Guide

Live Like a Local in Las Vegas

Las Vegas Demographics and Lifestyle

Find assisted living in Las Vegas near you.