Senior discounts are an American tradition. Considering the myriad negatives that surround the aging process, it’s nice to enjoy some small benefits too. Keep reading to learn about 10 places in Irvine where you can take advantage of a senior discount and have a fun day out.
1. Orange County Great Park
The Orange County Great Park is a public park located in Irvine, California with a focus on sports, agriculture, and the arts. It is a non-aviation reuse of the decommissioned Marine Corps Air Station El Toro.
2. William R. Mason Regional Park
William R. Mason Regional Park, or as it is more commonly referred to, Mason Park, is a park in southern Irvine, California. It is one of the largest parks in Irvine and is traversed by trails.
3. The Irvine Museum Collection
Dedicated to the preservation and display of California art of the Impressionist Period (1890-1930), The Irvine Museum Collection is embracing a principal role in the education and furtherance of this beautiful and important regional variant of American Impressionism. Admission is free.
4. The Balboa Pier
This pier is one of two piers located in the city of Newport Beach, Orange County, California. It is located in a part of Newport Beach called the Balboa Peninsula.
5. Irvine Park
Irvine Park is a 160-acre park that became Orange County's first regional park in 1897. It includes architecture by Frederick Eley. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
6. OC Zoo
The Zoo's focus is on animals and plants native to the southwestern United States. Animals on exhibit include black bears, mountain lions, bald eagle, island foxes, ocelot, red-tailed hawk, great horned owls, porcupine, coyotes, turkey vultures, coati and more. The zoo also features a barnyard with domestic goats, jacob sheep, pot-bellied pigs, doves and pheasants.
7. Lyon Air Museum
The Lyon Air Museum is located in a hangar on the west side of the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, California. Lyon Air Museum is collocated with Martin Aviation, an award winning jet, turbo-prop and piston-powered aircraft repair facility established in 1923 by famed aviation pioneer Eddie Martin. Seniors get discounted ticket prices.
8. Northwood Gratitude and Honor Memorial
The Memorial is officially open to the public 24 hours a day, year-round. This is the nation's first memorial dedicated exclusively to listing the names of all the fallen American service members in Afghanistan and Iraq.
9. San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary The IRWD San Joaquin Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary is a true hidden gem located in the heart of busy Orange County. The marsh encompasses over 300 acres of coastal freshwater wetlands, half of which have been restored to a natural state. The remaining acres are quality habitat and are not in need of restoration. Nearly two-thirds the size of New York City's Central Park, the San Joaquin Marsh & Wildlife Sanctuary has become one of Southern California's most notable nature respites.
10. Giant Wheel at Irvine Spectrum Center
Whether you’re at the top looking out over Orange County, or in the courtyard below mesmerized by the lights, the view from the Giant Wheel is spectacular. Tickets are only $5 per person.
Find assisted living in Irvine near you.